Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart shares back-up plans for key starters missing bowl game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares back-up plans for key starters missing bowl game

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart sounded very concerned on Saturday about the pending Covid-19 tests, and he also shared some young players will get some opportunities in the bowl game at key positions

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope there are no covid problems after Christ-Mas break.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If covid don’t hit us and everybody we have now will be available, then we should be in great shape. I’m not to concerned about the offensive line or tight end position because we rotate so many and plenty of depth is there. The Peach Bowl Oline may be better with what we will play with anyway. Middle linebacker is a concern because Monty is not easily replaceable. Plenty of snaps have been taken especially by Walker so hopefully we will be ok. Stokes at corner will be a hole that someone will need to step up to the challenge. In my eyes our secondary was the weakest link and without Richie LaCount back in their at safety, Cincinnati is going to try and exploit them. Cinci thinks they should be in the playoff and they plan to make a statement by embarrassing the Dawgs.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am excited to see the first game of ‘21! From the sound of it, pretty much everyone that plays in the game will be back next year. The experience will be invaluable for the young players regardless of the results of the game. Preparing for Clemson which will set the tone for ‘21 championship aspirations is much more important than an exhibition game against Cincinnati.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed. While I'm still not really on board with the whole idea of opting out, it does make for a pretty significant silver lining that all of these would-be backups are getting more reps in preparation for next year. So I guess it's kind of a wash from this fan's perspective. It also is kind of heartening to be reminded of the injuries most of these guys have been playing through, that it's not just out of lack of interest that they're deciding not to participate in the bowl game. All in all I'm starting to get over it... assuming it doesn't get much worse going forward.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I strongly disagree, though, that this is an exhibition game. Actually, it's simply a fact that it's not.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Exhibition games do not count in the season records. Bowl games do. If we had beaten vandy and when we beat Cincinnati, would you say the seniors did NOT set a record for wins?

Please stop with that “exhibition game” comment.

• HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

So how are Dawg fans supposed to perceive this game? If we lose to this team that we consider inferior to ours ( at full or near strength) should we accept it as a legitimate sign of our strength of our team? Because all of our haters are sure as Hell going to. I hope our players Dawg-up and kick some ass in this game!