Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arkansas runs away from Georgia in basketball track meet, 99-69

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageArkansas runs away from Georgia in basketball track meet, 99-69

Georgia basketball dropped its third game in a row, falling on the road to a hot-shooting Arkansas team by a 99-69 count

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

First time I've watched Dawgs basketball this year. I wish I hadn't. They're infuriating to watch. The offensive philosophy is basically streetball. They have way too many turnovers, they don't protect the ball and just throw it around recklessly. Shot selection is atrocious. Three point shooting is iffy at best. Defense is almost nonexistent --how many times do you have to get burned by the 3 point shot from the same exact guy before you get a hand in his face? I hate to say it because Crean says all the right things and seems like a decent guy, but they don't look like a fundamentally sound team. Just more of the same from year to year. Crean is a better recruiter than Fox was, but it doesn't matter when they look like they did today.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Different season, same Georgia basketball team.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When they hit the conference schedule...down they go...I predicted no conference wins....I may be a bit harsh......but......? I would give Crean this year then maybe a new venue for him. Have to wait and see what happens. It is so hard for him just to break even. Teams are the same each season...no consistency except for losing.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Different coaches, different players, different decades, same Georgia basketball. Mind blowing.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

As others have alluded to, this is what we expect every year when conference play starts. I really got my hopes up Coach Crean would turn it around... and he may yet, but my hopes will be on life support soon. Have fun trying to fix Georgia men's basketball Josh Brooks!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They are pathetic. I agree with every post before mine.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate