Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A thank you note to the 2020 Georgia football team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageA thank you note to the 2020 Georgia football team

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. As 2020 season come to an end, take the time to thank Georgia football The final game of the 2020 college

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent article, Connor. Thanks for writing this.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A big thanks to all the Dawgs, the coaches, everyone behind the scenes, the best fans in the world, and lastly, thank you Dawg Nation for your hard work and dedication in covering the Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hear! Hear! Thanks to everyone involved with UGA Football for providing us with 10 Saturdays of football diversion during 2020. Cheers to a healthy 2021 and packing Sanford Stadium with the sons and daughters of Georgia rising.

Alma Mater, thee we'll honor,

True and loyal be,

Ever crowned with praise and glory,

Georgia, hail to thee.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article and I’m very impressed how we handled the Covid chaos. In fact, I can’t think of a program that did a better job. It says a lot about our leadership including Ron Courson, Kirby, assistant coaches, etc. Let’s also not forget it reflects on the dedication and maturity of our players. I’m certain thousands of sacrifices were made and many parties skipped to assure everyone on our team stayed safe. Thanks guys, you’re all DGD. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ooooops, I forgot to also congratulate Harris English and Nick Chubb for huge successes yesterday. Poor Harris, he had to celebrate on a warm Maui beach while lucky Nick got to celebrate in a smelly locker room in freezing Pittsburgh 😉

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, indeed. I love College Football, but it got to the point to where it was a gift JUST TO PLAY.

Thank you to allow those who didn't "opt out" because they didn't get what their ego wanted (looking at you Mr Newman) and for all of you guys that fought to the end and gave us a pretty darn good year all things considering.

First thing to look forward to is hopefully getting the G-Day game back. I really missed that last year as it gives you a nice preview 4 months before the season starts and lets you re-watch and get excited about the upcoming football game. Being just a few months away, it's far from guaranteed -- we will probably still be at higher COVID numbers than we should be, but hopefully things will be dropping. I would anticipate that all NCAA football players get the vaccine in upcoming months and so even if things aren't back to normal by then, they still should be able to play the game (maybe not to a sellout crowd however).

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you, Connor, for your particular highlighting of Ron Courson. During my career at UGA, I had the opportunity to occasionally work with him. Enough cannot be said about his competence, attention to detail, and ongoing care for this athletic program.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shout out to all who comprise DawgNation for what turned out to be a year of some pretty good football..thanks to Ron Courson....who gave us "a season worth celebrating." I'd like to also thank the players, coaches and especially Coach Kirby Smart for his valiant effort leading us through the 2020 season. Looking forward to a full spring session of practice and G-Day. This team could be it.....natty. GO DAWGS!!!