Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Why 2021 will have a different feel to Georgia football offseason

SystemSystem Posts: 10,566 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Why 2021 will have a different feel to Georgia football offseason

Even before officially arriving at the offseason, you could tell that things were going to be different for Georgia. After a strong finish to the 2020 campaign, there was a real sense of excitement about what the 2021 team could look like. That was before Georgia officially knew that JT Daniels, James Cook, Zamir

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game against Clemson will set the stage for what this team can accomplish in 2021. Win this game and it can put this team on another level in terms of what they can accomplish and team chemistry. If things go south in this game, the season could have a whole different outcome. Plenty of time for these guys to elevate their mental outlook on how to approach these big games. Win this game and this team could be unstoppable. I believe in this team! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The BAMA team Fromm lost to was not near as good as BAMA was this past year. Silly to say, Fields and Fromm had the same amount of this or that. Comparing apples and oranges.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wrote this yesterday. "It's not like we have Najee returning or Entiene where you know your touches are going to be limited. The way I see it is the door is wide open for someone to assert their dominance."

We don't have a true star RB in other words. Not yet any how. Thanks guys.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ll believe it when I see it, until we can beat the big boys or be dominant, like in 2017, we will always be the same ole Georgia! Good but not great!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm no expert, but in rewatching the Cincinnati game, I noticed a few time when passes weren't completed or when the receiver had to come back for the ball. It looks to me like there was some communication issues on the routes. I'd bet that this will be ironed out when the dawgs actually get some time to work together.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia and Clemson were both missing some production on their offensive lines in 2020. Whichever team comes in with the best O-line will likely win that first game.

Both should have very good front sevens that will be capable of giving a lesser O-line fits. Should be another great Georgia-Clemson game.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, no. If we lose the Clemson game it will only mean Clemson was better prepared on that day. You can make the argument that UGA's team chemistry and future accomplishments may be better served actually losing to Clemson. Both teams are relatively equal in terms of talent. Clemson is returning ten starters on defense, ten starters on defense! Their offense will be potent despite having a less experienced QB. There is a reason nearly every outlet has them as the preseason number one and ranked above UGA.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawg365...I don’t disagree with what you are saying mostly but I can’t agree losing to Clemson that this team may be better served going forward. While we are a relatively mature team, we will be young in the secondary and if we get exposed the way we did against Bama and Florida, it could be detrimental to our success going forward. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

You can't be anything but optimistic and super excited about next season. And it will start fast! We haven't played Clemson in a long time unfortunately. Heck, we used to play them regularly. This game coming up will show how Kirby and Dabo compare...coaching, development, schemes, etc. With a full Spring and summer practice we've got no excuses in coming out flat, and I can't imagine we will with the amount of hype that will surround this game. A neutral field is good. My bet is Venables will load the box, dial up the blitzes and try press coverage. Turnovers and the line of scrimmage will ultimately probably decide the game. We don't have to win this game to make the SEC Championship and the playoffs (although a close game might be imperative), BUT it will be a real boost to Kirby's resume and my belief in him going forward if we can beat the Tigers. I think with our returning talent and a new Monken offense, we've got a good chance of winning.

The rest of the schedule is pretty easily winnable. Absolutely no reason to doubt we won't be in the SEC Championship game unless Kirby lays an unforeseen egg along the way.

GO DAWGS!!