Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Junkyard Mail: Dawgs fans react to a week of good news, bad news

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageJunkyard Mail: Dawgs fans react to a week of good news, bad news

Bulldog Nation wants to talk about returning players, transfers, preseason rankings and basketball

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

First, my choices for best album is: REM "Murmur", Collective Soul " Collective Soul", James Brown "The Payback", B-52s "The B-52s", and Indigo Girls "Rites of Passage"....I know I could list several more (including anything by the Allman Brothers) but these would be my Top 5.

Concerning the optimism or skepticism you may have with the Dawgs and 2021 I would just say that I think, overall, we've got as good or even possibly the best group of players that we've had under Smart. The rest is up to coaching, development, and of course, execution. It will be imperative to have a good Spring practice to figure things out - especially the Monken offense and the defensive pass coverage. The Daniels, Vandergriff, Beck ,and Bennett pecking order will be fun to watch play out, and I do agree, at least one of them will probably enter the transfer portal.

And yes, we CAN beat Bama. Good gosh folks, they were pretty invincible this season, but in the last 8 years Malzahn beat Saban three times and Ole Miss beat them twice. Heck, before this season Bama hadn't gone undefeated since 2009. They do lose games. They just know how to win the important ones. But it ain't rocket science. We've just gotta get the Saban curse removed...promptly.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In terms of the NC game, NOBODY was going to beat Bama this year. I mean Ohio State dominated Clemson and they never stood a chance.

In terms of QB, fingers crossed that we'll finally have the G Day game which will reveal more details. I'm hoping we see someone other than Bennett as the #2. Starting Vandagriff Game #1 would be a mistake, but so would not giving him enough reps. I've certainly heard good things about Beck, but the fact that he hasn't played means he's missing something. Either way, I'd like to see him in a gametime situation before he leaves.

In terms of Stevenson, he transferred back to home. Period. No more explanation needed. He's first and foremost a student and a kid and that should be allowed with no exceptions.

In terms of other transfers, I haven't seen any big time Top 10 schools listed as their destination, so that should tell you something - it's not the the "environment", it's the fact that they've lost the competition. The only "strong" programs I've seen as destinations are has-beens like Auburn and Florida State. Don't forget that we picked up 2 top tier QBs last season from the portal.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In all fairness, we picked up one qb from the portal who stayed with the program. I really don't consider the one who bailed a part of our program.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bill, I certainly agree that the defensive line is a big strength, especially with Jordan Davis in the lineup. He is a difference maker, game changer, etc. I hope we can take advantage of his huge talent reservoir this coming season.