Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: SEC Network star Peter Burns: 'In 2021 Georgia will dominate CFB'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: SEC Network star Peter Burns: 'In 2021 Georgia will dominate CFB'

ATHENS — The Georgia football hype train is picking up steam, and ESPN and SEC Network star Peter Burns is shoveling coal into that engine. Burns points to JT Daniels’ emergence and the Bulldogs bowl win as keys in the offseason momentum the program is building. RELATED: 3 burning offseason questions for Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe I am a fan of Burns, not because he is praising UGA but because he has an opinion based upon facts and he is willing to take a risk in voicing it.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

I’ll take a glass of that kool-aid Mr. Burns, but I will hold off on such expectations until UGA actually does it on the field

but he’s right, this will be our best opportunity since 2017

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2021 or Bust, as I stated a couple of weeks ago. Go big or go home. Time to show out.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

The last thing we need is for the Dawgs team to start reading reports like this and think all they have to do is show up next year. Kirby said it himself, there is a disease at GA where players read in the press how great they are are they think they have arrived. The 2021 team has accomplished exactly nothing at this point and unless they come back with the attitude that they have something to prove, it will be another disappointing year.

• Options

I like what the Big D-lineman for BAMA who was the defensive player of the NC games said, when questioned after the game about the defenses showing. He Said, "Our plan was to dominate."

That should be the mindset for all our players going forward. To dominate the other team. Not to compete hard or even to win, but to dominate. It's what sets Champions apart from the wannabees.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should we trust a guy named Peter Burns? I don't even want to ask what his middle name is! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Preciate the love, but dang! I hope our guys don't pay attention to this kind of talk.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

C'mon Dawg Fans! What's wrong with acknowledging the obvious that everyone in the world sees? We have a DGD team returning. The rest of NCAAF was put on notice with the Peach Bowl win. How many teams in the nation could have played to the level our Dawgs played with 7 of 11 starters out on defense against a team who had one of the best offenses in the country??

I'm buying into the HYPE! If we don't win it, let alone not make it to the playoffs, its all on coaching more so than the players. Nothing wrong with praising the kids while also teaching them to be humble with that praise. Teach/Coach them up and they will perform next year.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm excited to see what 2021 UGA football can accomplish. But I don't see how anyone can declare that they will dominate.

Much of the puzzle is indeed in place. The only question on offense is the line. That will be a big factor. The defense has to almost rebuild the secondary. The talent is there, but it's very young and mostly unproven.

Neither of those questions are something that can't come together enough to complete the team. Every other team also has unanswered questions that will have to come together before they can be dominant.

The Dawg's chances are about as good as any. And that's a good place to be....

• Options

When UGA can go into a SEC Championship against a good foe, like a BAMA or against the likes of an Oklahoma or Ohio St. in the NC game with the attitude of domination then we will be #1.

Not with the idea that "we hope to win". NO! We expect to win! We are the best! It starts in the trenches then filters out to all the rest. Call it a cockiness or whatever. Then we won't have to run our mouths and trash talk the opposing players to make ourselves feel better. BAMA did little to any of that in the NC game.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In January of 2019 was Peter Burns then declaring LSU will dominate the CFB this season? In January of 2020 was Peter Burns declaring BAMA will dominate the CFB this season? He is on record as declaring UGA will dominate the CFB this season! I pray he will be proven correct, but, and there is a big but about this. Unproven secondary, possibly an unproven secondary coach, to coach up what talent UGA will put on that side of the field in 2021. Rebuilt OL for 2021. UGA has talent there, but Bama had the best OL in all of football last season, and I don't see UGA matching that. Dominate running attack, UGA is lacking there also, none of the Dawgs RB can or will match what Najee Harris did in 2020. Last, but not least, as good as JT Daniels is, he hasn't shown that he is the second coming of Joe Burrows or Mack Jones, yet. So, predictions are great as they go, but actions speak louder than words ever will.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Amen Peter Burns! I've been preaching this for a couple of months now. All those skeptics of what the Dawgs could and SHOULD achieve in 2021 need to get out of the way...I EXPECT us to be in the playoffs next season. Yes, Kirby has made some bad decisions in the past and maybe there are other coaches that could have taken us back to the playoffs with Kirby's past teams, but I'm giving Kirby a mulligan. I'm looking forward not backward right now. If he blows it in 2021 then we can talk.

There is not a single SEC opponent on our 2021 schedule that will be even close to the talent we have...not even close. Heck, half the teams are going through complete coaching changes and such. We waltz into the SEC Championship game and should be able to handle Bama...FINALLY.

Kirby's (2) biggest issues right now are making sure the RIGHT QB starts in 2021 (Spring practice and summer workouts will be key) and getting down to (85) scholarship players! The rest should work itself out if we have the kind of coaching and development staff we display.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll keep it pithy - rat poison!