Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football needs a strong offseason from Kelee Ringo

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football needs a strong offseason from Kelee Ringo

Georgia's secondary is going to look very different from what we saw during the 2020 season. Richard LeCounte won't be at safety. Georgia won't have Eric Stokes or Tyson Campbell at corner. Tyrique Stevenson and Mark Webb are also gone. Now Georgia has to replace its defensive backs coach in Charlton Warren, as he's

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Connor, Was Ringo born in the state of Washington because I thought he came from Arizona??

Go Dawg!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ringo and Green will both be complete studs for us next year. I guarantee it. I believe Brinni is a significant improvement over Mark Webb. I will be shocked if Webb is drafted. We may get lit-up against Clemson, but our offense will give us plenty of points too. A win or loss to Clemson will not make or break our season. We will be in the playoffs.

The young pups will be ready to hunt with the pack by mid season. Can't wait!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With all this talent, I believe that by midseason (ie the slimy swampers) our secondary will be better than this past year and give a much better accounting of themselves.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys look, we had a crew of mostly seasoned veterans in our secondary this season and the Gators and Bama pretty much picked them apart. Next season we've got several talented 5-star freshman and sophomores that can fill in along with experienced Cine, Smith, and Brini. Of course, Clemson will be the ultimate test, but they will be starting a QB that has much less game experience than Daniels! So, we have an advantage right off the bat if Daniels plays to his potential and our plethora of stud receivers do their part. Clemson is definitely beatable. We may get schooled some in the secondary but it won't be Trevor Lawrence back there throwing the passes, and as long as we can score then we have as good a chance as Clemson does at winning the game. After that the rest of the regular season schedule has no high-powered pass heavy offenses which gives our inexperienced pass coverage guys plenty of game experience to hone their skills leading up to the SEC Championship and playoffs.

Let's Get 'ER DONE!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to believe that Kirby will pull something nice out of the old transfer portal that should fit nicely back there in the secondary.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This year we put our DBs on an island more often hence the return on sacks and pressure (and giving up huge chunks against elite passing teams). Early next year I expect a scheme to protect the secondary as they develop and rely on our line to get pressure.