Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 big things from Georgia's dramatic 63-62 win over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
image3 big things from Georgia's dramatic 63-62 win over Kentucky

ATHENS — Georgia basketball has a ways to go to reach the goals Tom Crean was hired to attain, but Wednesday night was a big step. The Bulldogs came from six down with two minutes left to beat Kentucky 63-62, showing the sort of poise and grit it takes to win in what's become a deep SEC basketball league. WATCH:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Outstanding! Crean just needs time, fan patience and more instate talent to build us into a strong SEC contender.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia made it to the final 4 the year AFTER Dominique Wilkins went pro. I'm not saying this team is playoff bound; but with all due respect to 'Nique and Ant Man (who no doubt boosted the program's status), good teams are so much more than a single superstar. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WR_Dawgs_Fan88WR_Dawgs_Fan88 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Crean is slowly but surely putting his touches and fingerprints on this team and the UGA program.

He's got ALL of his guys playing hard, hustling for rebounds, and he's trying to instill in these guys a defensive mindset. Once the Dawgs get more accustomed to Crean's scheme and style of play, this will be a team you don't want to play against come the SEC tournament, and the Dance, if they're able to get in..

If they can get some stops on defense, and get Wheeler running out for more fast break opportunities, the Dawgs will be able to score quite a few more points, and can become a difficult team to stop in transition.

Crean knows that very few players can keep up with Wheeler, especially when he's gaining speed in the open court, but also even one on one. This should allow Wheeler more scoring opportunities, but it'll also allow him to drive and kick more often as the defense collapses around him.

Wheeler's ability to drive and still see open teammates needs to be utilized more frequently, as we saw last night, it tends to lead to nothing but good things for the Dawgs..

With Wheeler, Toumani, and KD this team is definitely moving in the right direction!! I'm not very confident all three might be back to play next season, but if they do all come back then UGA could really make a run next season. And I don't mean a run at gaining an invite to the Dance, I mean a run at the SEC Title.

#GoDawgs

#Moving OnUp

#BigMO

• Options
    rxerdawgrxerdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

My wife and I thought the television broadcast team did a terrible job. They rarely called the action on the court as play after play was made and instead gave their commentary about Kentucky, other games, etc. We had no idea who made what play, why there were play stoppages, and what fouls were called and on whom for a large part of the game. If only I could figure out a way to sync the television broadcast with the radio play by play.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I changed the women's game vs SC for that exact reason. Announcers gets off the game and she rambles on and on while the game continues with no interest from the announcers. Leave the useless commentary out of the game, and do what you get paid to do..ANNOUNCE a game, or get a talk show job.