Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia players primed to add more value than ever at Senior Bowl next week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia players primed to add more value than ever at Senior Bowl next week

Senior Bowl director shares insight into the importance of Senior Bowl in 2021 for Georgia football players taking part in Mobile, Ala., next week

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

Are there any fans that don't have connections to these players at all interested in it? Not dissing on the game, glad they have it, just curious. To me this game is just another opportunity to get injured before being drafted. Is it worth the risk if you are likely to be drafted?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Dawg365....As I read this piece, I thought, what about injuries? I don't mean a sprained Pinkie. Things can get fairly rough and tumble in these games as players impress future bosses.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, why not list all the UGA players that are scheduled to be there? Give some of the final stats! Poor article

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

is Demetrius Robinson returning?

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would imagine its a risk/reward thing. These 7 guys aren’t projected as 1, 2, or even 3 round draft picks from what I know. Some didn’t get to show their full skill set at UGA; some got hurt and need to show they’ve recovered; some may need to show they can play other positions etc. I’m sure the low likelihood of getting injured is offset by a solid opportunity to increase draft stock.

I’d imagine the probability of improving draft stock in a senior bowl is much higher than by playing in one of dozens of the other bowl games. And that’s prob why some of these guys declined to play on Jan 1, but are a go for the senior bowl. 🤷🏼‍♂️