Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama announces new offensive coordinator hire, releases official statement

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageAlabama announces new offensive coordinator hire, releases official statement

Alabama has a replacement for offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, as the school announced that former Penn State and Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien will be the new offensive coordinator. O'Brien last worked as a college coach in the 2013 season, when he was working as the head coach for the Nittany Lions. In

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Other than Bama homers, who cares? If O'Brien were truly "one of the brightest offensive minds in football" he would still be employed by a NFL team.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You mean like Nick Saban?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

I get confused sometimes when I log in to DawgNation. In the past week, I've seen lead stories on: a former UGA player, then having joined Miami after being in the portal for a couple weeks; and today, DN announces Bama's new OC.

#TheTwilightZone

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, it's kinda a lull right now, so I don't have a problem with SEC related news.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

This will become news if he or Marrone underachieve or fail to recruit at the accustomed level.

Also from O'Brien. "I feel very fortunate to be here at Alabama where I can be rehabbed by Coach Saban. You'll note my overall wins and losses record is pretty mediocre. I expect to be offered a head coaching job at a Power 5 school within a couple of years. At that point, I can attempt to steal as many of Coach Saban's assistants as possible, while expressing my gratitude on my way to greener pastures".