Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares touching tribute to Atlanta legend Hank Aaron

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares touching tribute to Atlanta legend Hank Aaron

The world lost an American icon on Friday, as Henry 'Hank' Aaron passed away at the age of 86. Aaron was one of the greatest baseball players of all-time, as he broke Babe Ruth's home run record and played in 20 all-star games. He spent most of his professional career with the Braves, though they played in both

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Huge fan of Hammerin' Hank as a boy growing up in the early 70's. Incredible consistency across three decades. An absolute legend.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of the greatest honors of my life was getting to meet -- and interview -- Hank Aaron several years ago when I was a reporter. He truly was my childhood idol and I was in such awe that I could barely ask him questions. What a great baseball player. What a great man. RIP Henry Louis (Hank) Aaron. #44

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang! May he rest in peace!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

He really had an awesome flick of the wrist.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A Great baseball player, an even Greater man. RIP Mr. Aaron

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boyhood idol. When he broke the Babe's record I leapt off my sofa and almost hit my head on the ceiling. It was magical! RIP.

I know the media focuses on the racism and the death threats from the minority of A-holes and the terrible stuff he and others went through but he was admired and loved by millions of us regular folk. He is the true HR King.

• Options
    HBTD80HBTD80 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

My parents were not sports fans, but were aware enough of the significance of what was happening to get us from Macon to Atlanta to see him hit #700 and #713...vivid memories.