Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football, Kirby Smart being diligent with defensive back coaching hire

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football, Kirby Smart being diligent with defensive back coaching hire

Georgia has a position coach opening following Charlton Warren becoming the new Indiana defensive coordinator. A number of names were mentioned for the defensive back coaching job and there's already been some movement on that front. Doug Belk was thought to be a candidate until he got a promotion to become the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" The Georgia Bulldogs will have 18 5-star players on their roster in 2021. The Bulldogs have these highly-touted recruits at all positions on the field"...

Holy cow! Folks, it doesn't get much better than this and hasn't ever in Georgia football program history. The window of opportunity to take advantage of this plethora of talent won't last long, so Kirby needs to work his magic to produce the anticipated results.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Hopefully we can get Terrion Arnold and I can only pray we have a chance for Arik. Have you guys heard anything about Arik Gilbert? I’m not confident that we have a chance for him because it looks like our registration deadlines have passed....as has Florida’s and LSU’s. Bama and Tennessee are still available for another week, but I’d be shocked if he picked UT based on what is taking place. I know the UT QB is his old teammate and friend, but what a dumpster fire. My gut feeling is he goes to Bama or stays at LSU since he’s still registered there for financial aid, etc. Bummer because he’s a fabulous player and would have definitely enhanced our offense. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Demetrius Robinson coming back?

• Options
    RedUga4EverRedUga4Ever Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Amazing stat! I can remember when even having a 5 Star look at us, got the fans wound up. If Kirby does not go to the playoffs for the next two years, he will not be able add new 5 Stars because they don't select a school for a bowl trip, they want championship runs.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

It's a blog, so please, this is just fun.

Re: UGA's secondary, wondering about a potential big move with a prior WR (guess who knows a lot about how DBs work) or DB from the UGA Dawg House (not in any special order):

Champ Bailey (42) - Kirby teammate, from Charlton County. All everything, College + NFL Halls of Fame. Yeah, I know. But how cool would that be? Of course he also had 4.2-something speed so maybe he never had to worry about DBs.

Fred Gibson (33) - From Waycross, lives in Buckhead (last known). Works now for Coca Cola and coaches.... WRs for the little guys. Maybe Coke would loan him out, or maybe FB is more intriguing than corp. work.

Greg Blue (38) - From Atlanta. Career was cut short by recurring injuries. Coaches at Reinhart University in Waleska. Ferocious player forced out of playing by a torn Achilles and other assorted things. Been coaching for a while now. From the area (recruiting the ATL).

Hines Ward (44) - Born in Seoul, but grew up in ATLANTA area (East Point), played for Forest Park H.S. Of course, another no-brainer, though now an assistant with the NY Jets so who knows. But definitely knows the game.

Terrence Edwards (41) - From Sandersville (technically Tennille), now lives in S. Atlanta. Would that be poetic or what. One of the greatest receivers in UGA history who has had to live with a lifetime (not his, but some fans) of trash for one pass in one game, that UGA was leading, against the hated Gators. All the games he saved didn't seem to count. That's all history but what a cool circle completed that would be, to have him back, on the sidelines.

Yeah, crazy huh. Could even do it on a specific basis since KS is so involved in that position group. Hey, if you've never played it, there are things you just can't otherwise teach, and Deion is busy (snatching our recruits, HA!).

Just some crazy on a Saturday.

Also, by the way, don't know where Sean Jones is but also from ATL, played at Westlake, 9 years in the NFL. That would be a Sentell question.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have heard that Demetris Robertson is coming back, just hasn't officially announced in social media like some of the others. Another former 5 star on the team if that is the case. Don't forget that Blaylock and Milton are also former 5 stars that mysteriously lost their 5th star about the time they signed. Both had 5 stars throughout the recruiting cycle and have proven their ability more than some of our players that maintained this status. MJ Sherman was the most recent 5 star to also have this happen. Will be interesting to see if he continues the trend that Blaylock and Milton have shown.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rumor around the rumor mill here in Athens is Muschamp bought a $1.5 million house in the area. Pretty sure he didn't but it for his son to have a college party pad.