Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL Draft analyst comments on Richard LeCounte's sinking draft stock

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageNFL Draft analyst comments on Richard LeCounte's sinking draft stock

Former Georgia star Richard LeCounte was a surprise scratch from the Senior Bowl, another blow to his NFL draft stock which started slipping after his motorcycle accident

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Richard will reconsider his decision to turn pro and come back for one more season in Athens. It will probably pay off for him by improving his draft stock for next year.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Choices have consequences!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read where after some specified earlier January cut-off date, LeCounte was not able return to college football. It is a shame but that motorcycle accident seems to be costing him with the NFL. We wish him the best.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's what I thought. And if I were an NFL owner, I would think twice before signing a top DB to a contract who has demonstrated very poor decision making skills. He's probably lucky to be alive after his stupidity.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish Richard the absolute best.

That said, there is a reason the vast majority of professional contracts prohibit riding motorcycles.

And this is the reason.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why so much hate on his decision to ride a motorcycle. He is the one having to pay the price no one else. I assume he has a reason for not being at the Sr bowl and he doesn't need my permission to not play and doesn't owe me an explanation for not doing so.

He did his best at GA and for that I offer thanks and best wishes

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone remember Sony Michel getting injured in that ATV accident. A requirement of your scholarship should be no off road motoring or motorcycles. Some things just make sense, that would be one of them.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"not including Jamie Newman"....... Who has absolutely nothing to do with the University of Georgia.

Why do you keep bring him up like he means something. I would like to think you read the comments at some point and realize that NO ONE CARES about jamie newman.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang. With him and his crew knowing all this, the decision for this ‘DGD’ to not return for another year is DUMBER than the decision to ride a dirt bike down the highway without lights or a helmet at a high rate of speed. But Idgas. Not my problem. This is a terrible abuse/misuse of one’s ‘life capital’. Dumb dumb dumb all around. Smfh.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the textbook quote of a young beta male projecting his insecurities. Or a girl. It’s not hate sunshine. It’s the **** abuse of ones ‘life capital’. If any of us, well most of us, had his gifts, we and our loved ones would protect it at all costs. We’re talking potential generational wealth here. Mad? No. You’ve obviously never been in any real arena. Video games don’t count. People would kill for his god given skills. And his decision (and the coaches and staff knew how he got around, so he alone isn’t to blame), are inexcusable. ‘Why so much hate’ is a total loser young person way of starting any conversation.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This young man is from my town, he handled business while at UGA and never had any off field issues! Sure, riding that bike that night (being a country boy from Riceboro) might not have been the best thing to do but i'm sure you learned a lesson on how quick things can change in an instant! Thanks God it wasn't worse! Young man it's your life! ......Yours!! Hey Rich, Liberty county and all the country boys and girls are proud of you, because we got to watch you from when you were playing pee wee ball till getting ready to play in the NFL. Congrats young man, get healthy and go out and dominate. You .....YOU earned it!!! Thanks for being a **** good Dawg! Go dawgs (912)

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

"UGA has six other former players on hand at the Senior Bowl this week, not including Jamie Newman, who was with the program in the offseason."

He's not included because he is NOT a former UGA player! STOP with the Jamie Newman stuff! ****!