Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football needs to find a way to consistently use Arian Smith in 2021

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football needs to find a way to consistently use Arian Smith in 2021

It seems like every time Arian Smith does a Georgia workout, it produces some kind of head-turning moment. A few weeks ago, it was because defensive back Kelee Ringo actually managed to produce a faster top speed than Smith. This week, Smith reclaimed his top spot, by posting a top speed of 23.0 miles per hour at a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jet sweeps and long passes.....Does Monkin know how to install WASP? If not, contact Eric Bieniemy!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing against Arian, It is nice to have speed to burn but I prefer having someone who can get open consistently and that isn't always because of their speed. Lot to be said for good route running and spreading the ball around so that focus isn't on one person

• Options
    RedUga4EverRedUga4Ever Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

He is young yet with really no game experience. Let's hope that our receivers coach can teach him how to run routes to use his quickness to get open. If not, he will just be a full time decoy. I wonder also how bad was his knee, maybe he will only now be healed up.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smith has allot to bring to the table even if it’s in a sort of decoy role. Like the article said opposing D’s will be forced to account for him maybe even double over on him. If that’s the case it will leave others like Pickens to burn their eyes out !! If opposing D’s take Smith for granted and play lax against him and let him get open he could wreak havoc on them !! I see him as just another potent threat in our Offense and makes me all the more excited about this season !! Just hope he stays healthy and gets all his play assignments down pat. Another weapon in an already dangerous arsenal !!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Georgia wants to produce a prolific offense in 2021 like LSU or Bama of the past two years, Smith has to be able to take the top off defenses. UGA must develop him into a game-changer for the Dawgs.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It all starts with O-line. Our O-line struggled, last year. If O-line can't open holes for RB'S, Passing game will be tough. Can't be one dimensional if you want to get to playoffs. Miss State did well with their dink and dunk offense. But would never get to the dance with that gimmick. We MUST get better on the line. Then, all things are possible.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

QB has to work hard with these receivers and learn to hit them in stride and not put so much air under the ball. Most of these shots would have been straight up TD's if he hit them in stride. 2021 should be one hell of a year.

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

Don’t sleep on Blaylock, Connor.

Dominick Blaylock was every bit as fast as Smith during his freshman year, and had 5 TD catches as an 18 year old true freshmen, was a top 40 overall recruiting prospect on 247, rated higher than Smith, and will be more than 8 months removed from ACL surgery prior to G day 2021 and 13 months removed prior to the Clemson game.

Blaylock logged 12 games as a true freshman so he more than knows his way around the field, both in practice and for a competitive SEC game.

DB will be more than sufficient to replace Smith's speed for UGA should something unfortunate occur that would prevent Smith from being able to suit up and take the field.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You make Excellent points about Dom Blaylock !! I’m hoping he will have a banner year and Believe he is quite capable of doing that. He was exciting to watch before he got hurt. The principal load is on the coaches. This team has the talent. Big time talent !! Just gotta Coach Em up !! And like another article was saying they Do need Senior and Junior guys to step up big in leadership roles. I hope this team is Hungry !! And playing with a vengeance. I honestly Believe all the components are there to bring home the National Title. But everybody from the Head Coach down to the towel boy or girl has got to give 100% + Can’t take Any plays off !! And that starts on game One with Clemson. I guess the real question is this team as a whole players and coaches to hungry enough ?? I Believe they Will be come start of the season. I sure hope so. It will be Awesome getting Blaylock back by then should be 100% !!