Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia basketball's 'blue-collar desperation' changing program culture

SystemSystem Posts: 10,537 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia basketball's 'blue-collar desperation' changing program culture

ATHENS — Georgia basketball is starting to make believers out of some skeptics, as well as other teams in the SEC. Cuonzo Martin, the coach from the “Show-Me” State school of Missouri, left Stegeman Coliseum convinced the Bulldogs are headed in the right direction with Tom Crean on Tuesday night. “Tom has done a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA basketball has gotten a lot better. They need a dominate big man, one that can rebound and also score inside when they need him too.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good article, Mike. You were dead on in your radio interview on 960 The Ref on Monday morning. UGA's basketball tradition is basically non-existent short of a few blips on the radar screen. Creen needs some time. The calls to throw him overboard already are outrageous. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am really hopeful for Crean and this team. They need time and talent to get us to where we need to be, a tourney team.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no confidence. I'm not advocating for Crean's dismissal, I just don't believe the team will achieve great things. We've done this going back to the Mark Fox years. And other coaches, like Calipari at Kentucky, would come in and praise him and say how UGA shouldn't get rid of him because he's the coach that is turning things around. Except he didn't. All of this and look at the record -- we're still playing under. .500 ball in the SEC. We'll probably lose to Florida by double digits and to LSU, too, although that game could be closer. We're still bottom-tier and we're going to be. I wish I had more confidence. I'll still root for the team. I just don't believe in them.