Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dreshun Miller committing to Auburn is why Kirby Smart chuckles at transfer portal fascination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageDreshun Miller committing to Auburn is why Kirby Smart chuckles at transfer portal fascination

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Dreshun Miller commits to Auburn is why Kirby Smart chuckles at transfer portal Former West Virginia cornerback

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean no disrespect to Miller, but I'm glad he's not coming to Georgia. With the stable of young studs we have at DB chomping at the bit, if they can't perform at a high level THIS year, then shame on our training and coaching staff. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"We don’t have to monitor it, you guys do it for us (laughter). As soon as somebody is in it, we know. I think people think we have people sitting down there checking on the ticker every three minutes."

Of course you do. You have coaches and assistants checking in constantly on everybody - even those at other schools.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

There was no guarantee that Miller would have ever started, he would have had to beat out some world class talent and it's very apparent he didn't think he could....I wish him well at being a oft beaten War-****-Eagle in the 2021 season...at least when the Dawgs lower the boom, he'll have a familiar shoulder to cry on.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA set to get the LB from Tennessee. OKO something. Like they need another 5 star kid. When you miss out on a stud, you blame the system, when you hit, it's your friend.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Attack The Day

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also, Kirby is waiting until after spring practice. He said that better players will become available when they see their depth chart after that.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let us hope the new stud defensive backs perform better against elite offenses than last season’s group did. The benchmark games will be Clemson and the SECCG

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since the trigger for the article was Miller, and yet none of Smart's comments addressed the topic -- all about not paying any attention to the transfer portal -- it would have been nice to know if UGA was aware of Miller, in spite of Kirby's deflection (of course they were) and if they recruited him. The kid's from GA. He just signed with Auburn (SEC rival). GA needs corners and Miller played under the UGA DB coach. No way they didn't know about him, whether or not they "check the ticker" every three minutes. There might be a story here, but this isn't it.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Should be like taking pieces of freshly mined gold and polishing them to a brilliant shine. That’s why these coaches make big $$$. Coach these kids Up for This year and beyond !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, fellow Dawg fans, I'm not "glad" he won't be at UGA. Why should we be happy that a potential starting player decided to go to one of our rivals, regardless of whether we had any interest in him or not. At the very least, if he's not coming to Georgia, let him go off to Texas or Oregon or anywhere else, not Auburn.

Also, let's please stop with this narrative that if a kid decides not to come to UGA, he must not think he can compete. Maybe the kid just liked the other school better, or its coaches, or the town -- or the school mascot. Everyone who turns down Georgia isn't afraid of competition. They just made a different decision.

• Options
    edited February 2021

I hear you DD, and don't completely disagree. I didn't say I was happy he's going to a rival,.. but I am perfectly fine he's not Georgia bound. I'm not a big fan of the Portal to begin with, but realize it's the new normal. I just think it sends the wrong signals to the players (and their coaches, for that matter) that we can recruit the absolute best players in the entire country, and yet they don't have what it takes to excel at the next level. We're not talking about good players, but rather elite, special talent... if they can't be coached up in short order, then again, shame on us. Go Dawgs!

• Options

Kirby is strong in many things, some of which he likely developed under Saban. Unfortunately, his "press persona" is also a lot like Saban's, maybe a tick or two more engaging on a good day. Go Dawgs!