Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fresh shade of orange: Clemson's Dabo Swinney opens up on 2021 Tigers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageFresh shade of orange: Clemson's Dabo Swinney opens up on 2021 Tigers

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney opened up his spring football press conference making it clear the Tigers are ready for a fresh start after finishing No. 3 in the nation last season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

Super stoked about this Clemson game! I remember when the Dawgs used to play Clemson often, and I wish we still did. It was a fierce rivalry. We both look pretty comparable on paper for the matchup this season. Clemson's strength will probably be their defense. I think we have the advantage on offense and with the QB. Defensively, we must get a pass rush and get some havoc and disruption going at the line. As in most big games, who controls the line of scrimmage and turnovers may determine the outcome.

LET's GET 'ER DONE and BEAT them TIGERS!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2021

Wow, so telling. Everything is about perspective. For a fan it is rarely "about the journey." Let's get to the "destination" this year! It all starts with beating Clemson in September.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clemson’s big games in the ACC are comparable to the Dawgs playing Kentucky and Mizzou in the SEC. They have to get up for only one big game in 2021 in the season opener and then commence their cakewalk to the playoffs win or lose. If only life were that simple for Kirby and the Dawgs!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Should be a great start to 2021 and if we beat Clemson then we should be ranked 1st or 2nd going into week #2.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is right about one thing, something I've said on here many times, that it is a game of momentum. Once "Ole MO" decides to leave you, he's hard to get back. It's why we got beat in the CG against BAMA. We had the early momentum mixing in a good number of passes that caught them flat footed, I had relatives who were BAMA fans calling me and congratulating me on the win. Of course I knew better, but we had just so thoroughly dominated them (even though the score didn't necessarily reflect it as much as what the eyes saw).

Then of course we went conservative trying to milk the clock, shorten the game, and then they got the momentum back. We gave it to them by not being aggressive, then when Jake had to pass later on , everything had changed. He dinked to Lineman for BAMA in the head with a pass and it was pretty much decided at that point.

I liked what LSU did when Clemson got up early on them, they didn't get rattled, they took Clemson's first punch in the face , and they just kept saying, "Let's do what we do." They went out and attacked back with the passing game and assaulted Clemson, with the air-raid. Never seen a game's momentum swing back so overwhelmingly to the other side so quickly. Game was over by half-time.

That needs to be UGA's new attitude. Let's do what we do.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2021

UGA never gets respect in the polls. If ranked #5 at the start of the year, they might jump to 4, with a win over Clemson. Behind voter faves Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. If they lose to Clemson, they will fall to 12.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The last UGA and Clemson match-up, the Dawgs beat those Tigers. We need the same outcome this September. It will be Kirby's first battle as a HC against them. I don't care if we win 3-0, just win!