Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football OG 'Big Ben' Cleveland aims for NFL weightlifting record

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football OG 'Big Ben' Cleveland aims for NFL weightlifting record

Georgia football player Ben Cleveland is looking to impress at the Bulldogs' Pro Day on March 17, making it known he's aiming for the bench press record for NFL combine-related workouts

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No chance he gets 50 reps. The guys that get over 45 reps are COMPLETE freaks of nature that are essentially power-lifters with endurance. Ben is a large, strong human being but I do not believe he is one of those freaks. Regardless, go get 'em big man!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can't unless you try.

• Options
    kevinelderskevinelders Posts: 5 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited February 2021

Hey Dawg365, Javon Wims says you're wrong. Ben already did 50 back in 2017. Coaches stopped him at 50.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No way Cleveland did 50 reps at 225 in 2017...as a teenager!!!! There are maybe 50 human beings on the planet that are capable of accomplishing that feat and the vast majority of those are full grown men that are also professional lifters. There is a reason the record is 49.

Javon Wims may have said it but that doesn't mean it is true. Is there a chance Wims was exaggerating with the camera in his face?

I will make a friendly wager with you @kevinelders, Cleveland does 50-I will put $50 in your name at your local steakhouse but if he falls short...you do the same for me. You willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Good luck Big Ben. You will need it!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure if I want him to.....his value may go up. Hoping my KC Chiefs could pick him up in the 2nd/3rd round.

• Options
    kevinelderskevinelders Posts: 5 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dawg365 Justin Ernest did 51 in 1999.

i have no reason to believe javon was lying. Ben cleveland has been a “full grown man” since about age 14. I’ll let him speak for himself on the 225. And he has stated recently that his goal is to break the record. Argue with him about it.