Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

George Pickens to have surgery on knee after ACL injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorge Pickens to have surgery on knee after ACL injury

The University of Georgia confirmed that junior wide receiver George Pickens suffered a non-contact injury to his knee in practice on Tuesday that will require surgery on his ACL. The school put out a statement confirming the news. “The good news is that the MRI showed it to be an isolated injury with no other

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Terrible news! Hoping for a swift recovery.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I imagine that that this means he has played his last down at UGA.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh no! How terrible for Pickens. I know he has to be so disappointed. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and hopefully we will get to see him in a Bulldog uniform again in 2022.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Terrible news! Arik Gilbert, come on down!

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

You’ll be missed this season. Keep your chin up and look forward to seeing you in the future!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Injuries are ascending upward on this team. Injuries can keep a team from it's goals. I hope Pickens can fully recover from this.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate Spring football practice for this VERY reason. Fact is, I hate practice period for this reason. Yes, I KNOW teams have to practice. I get it. But it always seems like such an empty way to lose a player. At least when Jacksaint got hurt, it was in a real game and he actually scored a touchdown on the play. But here we are in the Spring with YET ANOTHER non-contact ACL tear. What, do they tear their ACL's just running wind sprints?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate this for Pickens and the Dawgs. Hoping for a full recovery for George. Injuries are just part of the game, and every team gets them.

We've got PLENTY of very talented firepower in our monster TEs and speedy WRs. I'm not worried, because we are just barely into Spring practice with tons of time to get the other receivers working as hard as George!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No getting around it, this is a big disappointment. But a year ago it would have been a catastrophe.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Helluva player. Get well soon.

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

@Spdawg

You are exactly right.

I don’t think some Dawg fans realize that he’s eligible for the NFL after the end of 2021 and so unless he recovers and suits up in December for the SECCG or the Bowl game? We may never see him take the field again in Athens.

Absolutely no way he’s coming back. He is an automatic first round draft pick, even coming off an ACL tear and not playing for a year.

This truly stinks.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need to close Gilbert, he is a WR for us NOT a TE!

• Options
    DDAWGDDAWG Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

So sorry to hear George. But work hard & we’ll see you in ATL for the SECCG and then the playoffs ! Then you can increase your draft stock even more for ‘22 Draft. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

First I want to say I hate this for George and the team and wish him well in his recovery. He'll have 10 or 11 months until the combine and I truly believe we've seen George play his last game at Georgia,. Not worth the risk for him to play at the end of the season. Georgia has some other very good receivers and I think Jacksaint will be the next closet thing to George when he is a 100%. However, while Jacksaint will be back this season, at 100% may be asking to much. George makes catches that other guys are not physically able to do. This is a huge blow to JT Daniels whether we want to be honest with ourselves or not. Again, we still high quality receivers with a high quality qb but this injury to Pickens hurts. Smith should be 100% and Blalock should be close when season begins. Let's keep Jackson, Burton, Smith and Washington healthy and hope Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint gets there. Get well and stay well and we should be alright. I would like to hear what Larry Munson would say about the injury to Pickens and how it's going to impact this season.