Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football issues revealed: 3 most telling spring remarks from Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football issues revealed: 3 most telling spring remarks from Kirby Smart

ATHENS — Kirby Smart alters his approach each spring, but 2021 is considerably different than any of the previous seasons under the Georgia football coach for one reason: The offense is better than the defense. It’s a challenge Smart seems to relish, as he’s known best for his defensive wizard, and he self-admittedly

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve beat this poor ole dead horse to death but if he’s dead one more time won’t hurt him lol. I have tons of faith in Coach Monken. All one need do is look at his bio Before he even came to UGA. He could have easily been a HC at allot of schools. So I honestly Believe he (I use that word Believe allot regarding this team because I Do !!) can coach the Offense up to where it needs to be !! Especially by the time the Dawgs get into post season play like the SECCG and Playoffs . I have very similar faith in Coach Luke. He not only knows how to coach up an O line but having been a HC in the SEC he Knows what an O line is gonna Have to have to not only stand up to but beat SEC defensive fronts. We have a bevy of Very talented players. I think these two coaches and the position coaches will have these Dawgs ready to not only compete but win at the highest levels .Like all Dawgs fans I’d dearly love to see the Dawgs beat Clemson in game one (they have some replacing work going on to). And I absolutely think it Can happen. But if it doesn’t happen I caution Myself and all of Dawg Nation not to get To Far down in the jaw IF we did lose that one. It’s the rest of the season and post season that will matter most. Again I’d love to see this Dawgs win that one, but what I Don’t want is to see us get stomped !! A tight game but loss would mean the Dawgs have Huge potential. A win would be Awesome !! Clemson will be coming to play, Dawgs better be ready !! And I think they will be !!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GlenuGlenu Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I'm not hearing anything about Demetris Robertson- is he practicing? It would seem with his experience & talent the 6th year senior would be a strong candidate to replace Pickens.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Glenu , I can't seem to figure out why Robertson has not been in the mix. I know he has dealt with some injuries but he has been capable when given the opportunity. I think he had maybe 15 targets last year and caught 12 of them. To me that shows a reliable/capable WR for Daniels to go to in a bind when scrambling from the pocket...

Go Dawgs!!!!