ATHENS — Georgia receiver Jermaine Burton was carted off the practice field in Tuesday’s practice behind Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall. The injury could be a hyperextended knee, according to a source with knowledge of the practice. The extent or possibility of ligament damage was not known at the time of this writing.
Read the full story here
Convincing 🙄🙄🙄
Dawgone it this is getting uglier and uglier. Let’s all hope and pray it’s just a bad sprain which alone is bad enough but hope and pray it’s not a tear or any other damage. Y’all I’m sure no coach or expert by a long shot. Just a devoted fan. I know you can’t really replace guys like these two so the only other option is to try to get the job done by committee. That said we know the remaining receivers are gonna have to step up BIG !! And we know we have RBs that do pretty good catching the ball. So I went to the roster and took a closer look at the TE position. We know we have the Big O Darnel that can help us. But maybe the coaches can dig on down into that position. I’ll let y’all go and do your own reading but we have from what I saw three more TE’s other than DW that have the potential to be of real help. Yes one of them has been on the injured list but as I understand it he’s coming back. Then the two receivers coming in the summer. I think collectively the Offense can still be very potent. But we can’t afford any more Long Term injuries. Let’s hope & pray that Burton’s injury is a short term situation. Go Dawgs !!
Ugh...
Our 2 best receivers? Seriously?
For all you that question Kirby's strength and conditioning program. I will bet you that the program at UGA is elite. Knee's are fragile to begin with, and there is no exercise that will strengthen them. You can build up the muscles above and below the knee and stretch the tendons and ligaments that helps the knee bend. Athletes suffer knee injuries at a higher rate than the average coach potato. I pray Burton's injury is just a sprain, and that he heals quickly. I haven't heard if Pickens has had surgery yet.