Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Update: Georgia football receiver Jermaine Burton suffered hyperextended knee

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageUpdate: Georgia football receiver Jermaine Burton suffered hyperextended knee

Georgia football WR Jermaine Burton suffered a hyperextended knee in Tuesday's practice, but he is not expected to require knee surgery

Read the full story here

Comments

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In through the nose.... out through the mouth...

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to a Dawg’s 247 article, Burton will be ready for the 2021 season. Said recovery would be late Spring-early Summer.

That’s some good news…

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am Very sorry this happened to Burton. But So relieved it’s not a much worse situation as it could have been !! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both him and Pickens !! Injuries don’t tend to be good things. But perhaps there’s a cloudy silver lining in this. How ?? Guys are Still gonna have to step up and step up really Big to attempt to cover (strong stress on attempt) for the loss of these guys. My hope is that Maybe this will bring out the very best in some guys that may have figured they were to buried on the depth chart to have many opportunities. Well to those guys Here’s your golden opportunity to show what you can do !! A great opportunity for you to help your team and help yourself career wise. Give it all you have and leave it All on the field !! Your Coaches, your Team, Dawg Nation, Needs you to give every fiber of your being for the Team to win and for You to win !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. Sure hope no more Serious injuries !!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The fact of the matter is that it's more than twice as likely for teams to have injuries during practice than in a game.

I've hyperextended my knee before playing ultimate frisbee. Doc said it was a moderate hyperextention. I was back to full speed and strength within 6 weeks. This shouldn't be a chronic issue for Burton.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, we won't see him in the G-Day game, cause it will take 6-8 weeks to mend. He should be great for Fall practice and the 2021 season. Sorry it happened to him. He's a special player.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jury is still out on Burton. I suspect he will rebound quickly and be back at it by Clemson.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need to invest is knee braces!