Tykee Smith announced that he would be transferring to Georgia after two stellar seasons at West Virginia. Should the NCAA amend its transfer policy, he will be able to play immediately at Georgia.
Read the full story here
Welcome to the Dawg family, Tykee! Glad to have you! Now go and show us what you've got!
It's always good to jump on DawgNation.com and see excitable stories like this one. Welcome, Tykee Smith. That said, for me the verdict is still out on the whole transfer portal. I can't help but feel that it diminishes from the game a little bit as players are quick to move to greener pastures. Thankfully a school like Georgia at this moment in time is and continues to be an appealing place to play, so I suspect we're able to benefit from the portal more than most, less desirable, schools; however, it's harder to identify with the athletes who are only around for a year or two, and there's always the fear that a marquee player will depart in search of more playing time. Oh well. For tonight I'll appreciate it. Welcome again, Tykee!
Welcome!