Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs fans talk backup QB battle, portal impact and Tom Crean’s future at UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageDawgs fans talk backup QB battle, portal impact and Tom Crean’s future at UGA

Junkyard Mail also tackles who should replace Chuck Dowdle as sideline reporter, a Super Conference and more

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Creen is a clown. Us hiring him is sort of like SCjr hiring Muschamp: if a guy can’t win at a place like Indiana (Florida), why would he win at a big step down like Georgia (SCjr)? That said, when I see schools like Texas Tech and Florida State, among many others, in the upper echelons of hoops I just shake my head as to why that can’t be us. I feel the fan base got fired up for Creen and supported him at the start, so the interest/passion is there.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2021

I'd go with D.J over Belue as Dowdles replacement..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Concerning backup QB...definitely think Beck is the man. I think we need to move on from Bennett completely. The future of the program does not lie with Stetson, and we need to be grooming new QBs. However, hoping to see Vandergriff get some playing time next season. The more interesting thing will happen in 2022 when another dual-threat 5-star QB enters....Gunner Stockton. Then does Vandergriff get the nod over Beck as starter? Where does Gunner fit in? In the end, I say we lose one of these 5-star elites in 2022 to the transfer portal.

And speaking of the transfer portal...I think it's good thing overall, but I am unsure what I think about being able to transfer and play immediately WITHIN your own conference. If the SEC committee decides to go that route then it will add an even further 'free agency' aspect to a college game and create quite a stir.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take anybody to replace Dowdle over Hutson Mason. DJ is my preference.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we are voting, DJ hands down!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate to say it, but Crean is looking more and more like a bust. You could argue the times, but a lot of non Blue Bloods are thriving. With the amount of talent in Georgia and resources at UGA, there's just no excuse for being a bottom feeder.