Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,437 admin
edited April 2021 in General
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Depends on the needs and how the draft falls. No one know and we do not know what love a team has for an individual.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Difference between AL and UGA players? AL players come back for the extra year to ensure they are selected high in the draft. UGA players jump at the chance to "go pro" and tumble on draft day.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm no fan of Kiper, but these don't seem so far-fetched.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every year Mel has best players left at their position according to him and so many times the League has differing opinions. Means nothing.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mel Kiper's dig at how our drop outs are going to be drafted is his way of implying that Georgia players are not that interesting to the nfl, which is not true. espn is not our friend. If they could sway our recruits away from Kirby Smart and especially the SEC, they'd love it. Take this critique from espn for what it's worth ... cow patties.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Outside of number 13 and Big Ben, every UGA player that went early made a bad decision to go pro. Every one of them could've made a run a natty, gotten their degrees and more than likely increased their draft stock. There is a reason BAMA wins a Natty every other year under Saban...his players are known to stay 4 years, earn degrees and getting drafted in the first round.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The bust of our recently drafted NFL offensive linemen is not a surprised. They were way over rated as a unit at Georgia. When we faced the better teams in the SEC, our O-front was pushed around and beat the entire game. The NFL is comprised of those top D-linemen that they will have to face every week. This past year it was our secondary that was over rated and most of those guys jumped early also. Only time will tell if those decisions will be beneficial or costly down the road. I think Azeez will make a early impact and I think LeCounte given the chance may shock some teams. In my opinion, he may be the best steal.

• Options
    DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Let's hope Kipner is wrong. I swear everytime I try and like Mel - he goes and screws it all up!

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Undefined response.