Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Vandagriff: Georgia freshman QB wins Gatorade Player of the Year honor

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageBrock Vandagriff: Georgia freshman QB wins Gatorade Player of the Year honor

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way cool!

Congratulations to all concerned.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent story and back story, jeff. Well written. Great honor for Brock. Very deserving. As I read through this, it hit me that this young UGA football phenom may give pause to Gunner Stockton's future as a commit-signee to UGA. Just thinking out loud. This is especially true if Brock is #3 QB this season and #2 next...possibly #1. That puts Gunner at best #3 with the outside possibility of #2 in 2023 as a sophomore. Gunner would likely become a transfer at that juncture or even earlier....all things equal and no serious injuries. I am probably missing something here, and you guys will correct me I am sure of that. Have not seen Gunner at the college level, so I am guessing at best. I have seen Brock and like what I see. So does Kirby.

Just thinking is all.......rainy day in Florida.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two Gatorade POY winners in the same qb room. Remarkably uncommon. Congratulations all around! Keep those sunglasses handy, the future is bright.

• Options
    UGAdawg2006UGAdawg2006 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually not that uncommon it seems. Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason were both former Gatorade Players of the year.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congratulations, UGA is lucky to have him. Go Dawgs!