Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fan excitement building for Georgia-Clemson showdown

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageFan excitement building for Georgia-Clemson showdown

The Georgia-Clemson rivalry, once one of college football’s most heated, may have cooled off a bit since the two programs stopped playing every year in the late 1980s, but the most recent games in the series have been blockbusters.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just beat clem and son!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, I was at the 1984 game (as a senior at UGA) when Butler hit that field goal!! AWESOME game! I was also at the 1980 National Championship game in New Orleans, and I honestly can say that the Clemson game was just as exciting!

I just wish we'd put Clemson back on the regular schedule. The matchup has usually always produced great close games and memorable moments.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Those are some great matchups to watch on YouTube. That 2014 team had Gurley, Chubb, and Michel in the backfield which is insane. Didn’t have much in the way of QB play but it didn’t matter. Gurley was unstoppable even when the other team knew he was getting the ball.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will be another nail-biter contest. I just feel, though ,that JT Daniels will have a record-paced day. We don't have a Gurley this year or a Walker. But we do have some backs that have good hands for short routes, keeping us away from 3rd and 5. I also look to roughian Kendall Milton to drag a few Clemson rivals down field. Expect to see big TE D. Washington plow shoulder his way to pay dirt as well. UGA will need to be well synchronized as a working unit to pull this off. If Arian Smith can break into the secondary, no one will catch him. The defenses of both teams are ranked high. JT will have to mix it up as Clemson I am certain will have done its homework. They are well coached. Kirby and company will also be ready for this major Dawg fight. But then that is UGA's specialty isn't it.

• Options
    DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

"I just wish we'd put Clemson back on the regular schedule."

BINGO!

Enough already with the OOC buy-a-wins (YAWN).