Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: JT Daniels California grind no surprise to legendary SoCal coach Bruce Rollinson

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: JT Daniels California grind no surprise to legendary SoCal coach Bruce Rollinson

SANTA ANA, Calif. —California coaching legend Bruce Rollinson had just one question for JT Daniels when he announced he was transferring to Georgia: “Will they allow you to use that God-given brain in your head and get into a system?”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like Mike Griffith wanted a vacation in SO Cal. Interviewing his high school coach?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suspect Griffith also checked on JT and his teammates practicing out there as well. Look for that story.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article.

The best of the California football programs are very good indeed.

Go, Dawgs!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm really glad this gunslinger is slinging the football for us. Lord have mercy on our opponents who can't put any pressure on JT because he sure won't. GO DAWGS!!!!!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks Mike. Good info.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT's legacy at UGA may or may not include a National Championship. Time will tell. We do know his legacy WILL include raising the bar in preparedness by UGA QB's. Every QB in that room will see the process and effort that JT practices. Hopefully Beck and Vandagriff will learn from JT and continue the preparation practice at UGA and pass the raised bar protocol on to future generations of UGA QB's.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to admit that when JT first transferred, I was totally confused. We had Newman who was supposed to be "the guy" and JT was coming from Cali and looked like a strange surfer boy (I think he said he was channeling Depp in the picture) and I figured "no way". Then I watched his video and wow: he was just so polished. I'm thrilled that he gets to be the starter (officially, which is a rarity) and keep my fingers crossed that he stays healthy and has the receivers to catch his passes.

On a side note, I'm still confused about this taking the receivers to Cali thing. Who is paying for this and how is it allowed? I think it's awesome that they were able to do that, but I can't imagine that the NCAA would allow ANY financial favors from free flights, food and/or lodging.