Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert’s roller-coaster offseason could circle back to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,422 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert’s roller-coaster offseason could circle back to Georgia

The on-again, off-again speculation of former LSU star Arik Gilbert’s potential future at Georgia was on again Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

i must say that CKS is putting together quite a collection of talent for this season. Could this be our year?

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess with Pickens being hurt it has changed the calculus at UGA for Gilbert. Now he can come in and just play WR which is what he has wanted to do all along.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice idea to try to tie the Death Valleys together. But if Arik Gilbert is in Clemson's Death Valley when UGA starts the season, he'll be there alone since the UGA/Clemson game is in Charlotte.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When did the game get moved to clemson?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d be great with him coming to UGA as long as two things with him are absolutely secure: 1) He EARNS his playing time, that is snaps with first team in practice, and snaps in real games by Proving through the off season Work he deserves to go ahead of any guys already here. 2) That he obeys all the rules associated with Georgia football on and off the field just like what is Expected of all Dawgs players. The last thing in the world we would need is any bitterness or jealousy in the locker room. Please No toxicity in the locker room !! So if those provisos are met I think it Could be great for him and great for UGA !! And I’d say Welcome to Dawg Nation young man !! ****As I commented earlier in another thread this thinking Surely applies to the young man that Might come from Clemson looking for a second chance. As a fan I would hope that KS and his staff would ensure to the very best of their abilities that toxicity doesn’t creep into the locker room. That can quickly ruin any hopes of trophies in post season play and could even possibly carry over to next season. Proceed Carefully Kirby !! But in the end I trust you and your staff’s judgement that’s why I’m in a recliner and your the HC !! 😀

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In all fairness, the article points out that clemson plays in Death Valley not that this year's game is played there.

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess it just me but he seems like a prema donna and should probably look else where

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, an earlier, unedited version did not -- it said he'd start in Death Valley. Thus the snarky comments from a couple of us.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

This story seems to be taking on a similar track as the Zach Evans saga.