Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What to make of Georgia football transfer portal and recruiting drama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageWhat to make of Georgia football transfer portal and recruiting drama

It has been a very noisy 24 hours for Georgia when it comes to the transfer portal and recruiting front.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m impressed with what I’ve seen with Akayleb Evans. Don’t be fooled by the fact that he played for Tulsa. They had 3 losses last season in very close games against nationally ranked Oklahoma State and Cincinnati in the conference championship game. We all know how tough the Bearcats were and Tulsa only lost 27-24. I dug deeper into the stats and Akayleb had an amazing 9 tackles (8 solos) in that game. They also lost the bowl game 28-26 to the same Mississippi State team that almost beat us. This young man would be a great pick-up and he has 2-3 more years of eligibility. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Folks, just goes to show you how quickly things can change in the world of the crazy transfer portal and when it comes to 17 & 18-year old recruits who are trying to make BIG decisions out of high school. Expect more of this kind of thing going forward - especially when it comes to the transfer portal. It's the wild, wild west out there fellas!!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is why I don't get to hyped when commits are announced. These kids start getting heavily recruited way to early to place a lot of stock in their commitment. I understand that early recruitment is a must but I just wait until they show up on campus and hope they stick around. It would be nice to hold on to Bear but you have to keep moving in hopes of finding real talent that has put enough thought in to it and knows he wants to play for the University of Georgia.

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also Bear Alexander: " I feel like a ‘Dawg already. But like I was just telling Coach Smart, I have red, black and white running through my veins.”

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once again I have to question Connor Riley's take on the DB depth at UGA. "isn’t much behind projected starting safeties Lewis Cine and Chris Smith"? Speed, Ringo and Brini all have the size to play S and are all bigger than Chris Smith. Put those 3 with Smith, Smith and Cine and UGA can go 6 deep at S w/o counting freshman. Makes you question Connor's "agenda" with these articles. Or it is a lazy take on the DB position.