Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia transfer target Akayleb Evans chooses Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia transfer target Akayleb Evans chooses Missouri

ATHENS — Tulsa cornerback Akayleb Evans announced he’s committed to transferring to Missouri, choosing the Tigers over Georgia along with other schools that included Notre Dame and Texas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Well that stinks !! I’m no where near panic mode. But we seem to be losing some steam on corralling players on the defensive side of the ball. Both in the transfer portal and next year 2022 class. Maybe it’s only a momentary lapse. The transfer portal is highly combustible or frozen from seemingly one day to the next. KS and staff have hit some Big home runs on offense. And he and staff struck pretty good on the young man from WV and the young man from Clemson. Maybe another home run for the D is right around the corner. Go Dawgs !! P.S. I wish Turnsge would go ahead and make his move To or From assuming the hold up is on his end, to take away all the speculation and mystery. Assumption that it’s on his part there may be something that popped up that caused KS to back off. We’ll see.....

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Probably a wise decision by this young man. There is no indication that Kirby is not going to stop mining the transfer portal for what he considers to be a better player. Why transfer with the exception of getting meaningful playing time only to find out once you have enrolled you are going to be a backup player. This has nothing to do with competition. It has everything to do with roaster management and player development

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2021

I think Kirby will take someone out of the portal if it is going to help our team but I'm no longer concerned about the secondary at this point. Kendrick will bring the experience at corner along with Cine, Chris Smith, Poole and Tykee Smith all having a lot of game time in the DB field. I suspect D. Kendrick will start at one corner and then you'll have Kimber, Ringo, Brini, and Ameer Speed battling for the other starting corner. Also, the freshman Nyland Green will be pushing to take that spot. Others that you can't sleep on is Kamari Lassiter, David Daniel, and Javon Bullard who led the red team in the spring game with 7 tackles.

I could be missing something or someone but the Georgia secondary is loaded with talent and lack of talent wasn't the concern, it was starting experience and game experience. Georgia staff address that concern in the portal. You'll see 5 or 6 of these DB's in the NFL within the next couple of years.