Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star priority DL target Mykel Williams commits to Southern Cal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star priority DL target Mykel Williams commits to Southern Cal

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lets wait till signing day.....

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh. We'll see.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It ain't over until it's over.

• Options
    DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Good news: he won't have to face all those big/fast guys in the SEC that JT talked about. But who knows, he's always welcome if he changes his mind. Another on-campus would be good, to be sure. And, in true UGA fashion, if not, then.... next.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hel'll go and then, just like D-Rob, fate or homesickness or SOMETHING, will bring him back East. He may not ever wind up at UGA, but I really don't believe he's going to complete his career at USC, either. I'm sure the Trojans (and probably UCLA) are selling these kids on the idea of how much money and fame they can garner by being a star in Hollywood. But we all know that's not really how the world works, don't we? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I too would be surprised if he does sign with USC. If he does he will immediately become a starter. It will also be the last time any of us hear much about him. It also means he will go from a probably first round pick to a 2-3 round pick.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get the feeling that this one is far from being over. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Be willing to bet everything I own (which isn't much) that he doesn't end up there. Knee-jerk reaction to a visit. Seen it too many times

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'd be very upset to lose him to Bama, but The USC HC and staff will probably get fired this season so I am not worried about this one at all.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The coaching staff isn't going to get fired. Helton's buyout costs too much. Even if he left So'oto isn't going anywhere and he was the key recruiter. USC brings these kids out, show them them the brand new SoFi Stadium, Hollywood, the beach, LA life, sometimes by helicopter and they love it. Beach weather this last weekend was perfect....no humidity.

That said there is a big difference between spending a weekend and actually moving here. His family won't get to watch him play in person unless they plan a lot of travel. Still, his parents completely endorsed his choice and his brother Michael Trigg signed with USC last December which could make things easier.

If he gives UGA another chance, they should tell him that USC hasn't been a contender for over a decade. The fan base is fair-weather. The lack of player development is glaring and among NFL coaches, USC has garnered a reputation of players not ready to play at that level and not ready to take responsibility on the field.

Don't be shocked to see Christen Miller committing to USC as well. USC has put a lot of money and focus on NIL....these two ate it up last weekend. Go look at Miller's youtube vlog.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Zero chance he goes to USC- All flash and no substance.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of flash but there is some substance. He made a connection with Vince So'oto, his dad gave his blessing, and his brother is playing there.