Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How return to visits has impacted Georgia defensive line recruiting

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageHow return to visits has impacted Georgia defensive line recruiting

Georgia football has seen its fair share of ups and downs in recent weeks on the defensive line.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, the 2022 rankings mean very little at this point. To put this into perspective, Bama is #12 and Clemson is #38 while Rutgers is 5th. Mississippi State is 8th but they have FOURTEEN 3-stars. Yeah, not really threatened there.

According to 247, we are the leaders for #24, #34 and #45. We are also in the running for #30, #39 and #40. That's in addition to the commits of #21, #41 and #46. Wow!

In comparison, Bama has 2 commits (vs 3 for us), is leading for 2 (vs 3 for us) and is in the running for 3 (like us).

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think Bear comes back. Texas A&M offers him everything he could get at Georgia, and it's less than a 3-hour drive from his house. But I am hoping that Bouie realizes that HE should be close to home, too, and recommits to the G. As for Williams going out to USC, I think they're selling him on the glitz and glamor he thinks he'll get with the NIL deals. We shall see, but it seems all of these Georgia kids get homesick when they go out to the West Coast. So there's still hope.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't get real high or low during the recruiting process. Until the 'Prospective Commitment' has signed and delivered the form to UGA, they're not part of UGA. I remember George Pickens and his "solid commitment" to Auburn, until it came time to sign the papers. Go DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree,Bear will not return, no. Bouie...uhmmm....probably not but maybe. I agree also, until they sign they are not fully committed. Colleges are recruiting basically raw, emotional youngsters....not all...many. Home, family mean a lot during these formative years, especially. They see the $$$$of the NFL too. UGA is a superior training ground for the pros. The new facilities will help. UGA should remain in the top two or three in recruiting.