Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ole Miss’ Matt Corral gets preseason All-SEC nod over JT Daniels, per Phil Steele

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageOle Miss’ Matt Corral gets preseason All-SEC nod over JT Daniels, per Phil Steele

JT Daniels finished last season on fire, posting a higher quarterback ranking over the final four games than any returning quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Steele can have Corral. I'll take Daniels.

Corral was in his second year in his system, while Daniels was only in his first year in a brand new system, and without the benefit of Spring practice, I just think Daniels had a more impressive year when you consider everything. He sure didn't throw INT"s near as often.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Motivation.....

• Options
    KzLarryKzLarry Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

My thinking is, which QB has the more realistic chance of playing for an SEC Championship, and then a National Championship?

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not really bothered by the QB choice. You go by "body of work" and while, yes, JT has the upside he is still new to the SEC and hasn't had the extensive playing time. It's the end of season that matters and now he has something to prove. I'm good with that.

I'd have preferred to see more of our Defensive side higher on the list but I guess pre-season All SEC doesn't really win you any games nor does it get you a big paycheck at the next level.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll take JT and our beloved Dawgs Any Time !! Pre-season opinions, speculation, hype, etc . don’t mean anything. All this should serve to do is fire JT and our beloved Dawgs up all the more !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Make no mistake, Corral is a force. Stronger arm than JT and the ability to tuck it and run. Excellent runner. A threat to score inside the 10. I seem to remember he had a strong interest in UGA but as I remember we had Fromm and Fields. So he chose FLA.

I wouldn't trade JT for him at this point though. I think JT has enough of everything (brains, arm, wiggle, understanding what the defense is doing )to lead us to the NC.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Based on schedule alone JT should have the better season