Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: UGA continues impressive streak of hosting top recruits

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: UGA continues impressive streak of hosting top recruits

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 1,469 (June 24, 2021) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about the growing list of top recruits who’ve visited UGA so far in June.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dukedookdukedook Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

My wife and I moved a couple of weeks ago and the DawgNation podcasts have been in the earbuds to get me through all the long hours of the moving process — thank you for that!! 

While unpacking boxes I found an old box of old dvds and we decided to watch the 2009 movie, The Blindside, one evening after putting the kids to bed. Not sure if you’ve seen it, but by the end of the movie, the main character is being recruited by all the major SEC schools. Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss, Nick Saban at LSU, Lou Holtz at Carolina, Houston Nutt at Arkansas and the big bad Phillip Fulmer at Tennessee. 

I laughed out loud at the idea of Tennessee being the bully recruiter of the bunch and UGA barely having an honorable mention in the movie. 

(Sorry for the super long comment) 

But this made me think of what you’ve said many times, that recruits can barely even remember former powerhouse programs such as Tennessee because it’s been so long since they’ve been truly on top. 

Do you believe that coaching hires alone are what got the Vols to where they are now or do you think there are some ways to ‘future proof’ a program to an extent, to where that level of irrelevancy doesn’t occur in the next 12 years?