Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart scores 3 of Top 10 offseason transfers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,529 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart scores 3 of Top 10 offseason transfers

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart doesn’t make the rules, but he’s proven to be a fast study when it comes to adjusting to them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think having several of our highest rated players coming into this season having been trained by other coaching staffs is a bit of a dubious distinction. I know some readers will take offense to my pointing it out, but I'll always prefer honest dialog.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Barton Simmons should have his press pass revoked for his KJ Costello rating. Obviously he doesnt cover the SEC. Goes to show what these taking heads really know. I have been watching football longer than Simmons has been alive. I trust my eyes. I would confidently put this UGA team up against any team in the country.

• Options

Billy Dawg I think you missed the point of the article. The 3 transfers were rated relative to the transfer "class" NOT their ranking on the UGA team. I don't know who Gilbert was "trained" by at LSU in his 6 mo there but I am sure he's rated highly because he was a Top 10 rated recruit out of HS. CKS trying to emulate Bama not build a team of mercenaries who put themselves above the team like Florida. You have to have more than skill to be a Georgia Bulldog.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perfectly stated @UGADad20 - literally beat me to the punch, but I don't disagree with @BillyDawg1 position, just how he stated it. I am not concerned about the Dawgs doing great in the portal, on the contrary, those who don't, will not win consistently. All teams will lose players, its the only way to fill the openings with other portal kids.

I hope you are joking about "CKS trying to emulate BAMA...above the team like Florida". Flawed logic there, you emulate the winners and you never refer to Flurdah favorably, you flatter them by calling them Mercenaries, they are nothing more than slimy victims residing in body bags. (I still see them with 5 losses this season)

So, to have an honest dialogue, Alabama had to get taken to the wood shed by USC during the "Rein of the Bear", to finally segregate the team and school. Those who don't adapt to the changing land scape will lose games, conferences and Championships. Adapt or die and I am happy to say we are not waiting to see, we are leading the charge. You can see it in other areas, such as the lack of constraints on the NIL!

We are in it, to win it, anything less than that, is a failure!

GO DAWGS!

• Options

SWDawg68 I get your point and don't disagree. The TP is just another tool in the tool belt to be used to build the team. CKS has adapted well and used the TP masterfully this year. Remember when Mullen was considered the czar of the portal? CKS ate Mullen's lunch at his own game this year. Personally I liked the old transfer rules. Helped ALL programs build stability. Still unsure of why an extra year of free EDUCATION, tuition, room, tutors, training and development, physical maturity, insurance, workout facilities, training table, stipend, etc etc etc is a bad thing? But I trust Kirby to adapt and adjust to the TP, NIL, and whatever follows. All Kirby needs is a championship to put the program on top of the college football world. A win puts UGA ahead of Clemson (GA>SC in recruits) and on par with Bama. Saban will not coach 7 more years. I give him 3.

• Options
    BarnDawgBarnDawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I go with odds. The Dawgs are due. Plain and Simple. This is The Year. Or maybe next year....😂