Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jordan Davis, Jake Camarda the lone Bulldogs named Preseason First Team All-SEC

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageJordan Davis, Jake Camarda the lone Bulldogs named Preseason First Team All-SEC

Jordan Davis and Jake Camarda were both named Preseason First Team All-SEC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

If preseason awards meant something I'd care more. Mostly they just generate complacency and arrogance.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would seem the SEC media is pretty much in line with USA Today but they did correct the one player many thought who should be on the first team - Davis.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Whether you agree with the results or not, this is another stark reminder of how lopsided the SEC East and West are and have been for years:

1st Team Offense - 9 players from the West, 2 players from the East

1st Team Defense - 8 players from the West, 4 players from the East

Maybe if we do end up adding Texas and Oklahoma then they can reshuffle the SEC deck to give divisions much more parity. We've already proven throughout the country that with football geography in a conference doesn't mean anything.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Preseason awards are both obligatory and lazy. I (like probably 80% of the voters) know next to nothing about many of these guys. But there is one thing I do know, and it's based on watching actual game film: Christian Harris has NO business being ahead of Nakobe Dean. Neither does the AU kid (whoever that is). The only one in his class, yet still behind him, is To'o To'o.

• Options

@brvhrt you must have missed a lot of game film on Harris given in every measurable stats Harris made more tackles, assisted on more tackles, had more tackles for loss, had more sacks and even an interception. This is not to say Dean might be more important to the Dawgs than Harris is to his team. The difference between us and the actual voters is they get paid to watch all of this.

clemson get to be rolled.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama has 10 of their 11 starters on defense mentioned on the 3 teams with 6 on the first team. How is that possible since we have been Bama’s equal in recruiting over the past 3-4 years. Good grief!!!

Oh well, the only “All SEC” teams that count are the ones at the end of the season. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As if sports talk show talking heads and sports bloggers are college football experts. Their opinions are no more expert than the opinions of the commenters on DN. The only reason they even conduct these polls at conference media days is to have something to talk and blog about because there is so little news that actually comes out of “media days”.

• Options

@BubbaBill recruiting is the start point. What is as important or more important is development. This can explain the player rankings. While I think your analysis is enlightening, who would have believed at this time last year Bama would have 6 first round draft picks. I would not.

What is noticeable is no transfer player was listed. If they had been I very much think Smith would have been either first or second team based on his past performance as many of the current mock drafts have him as a first rounder.