Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC presidents vote Texas, Oklahoma in to league

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageSEC presidents vote Texas, Oklahoma in to league

ATHENS — The Southeastern Conference presidents and chancellors voted on Thursday afternoon to allow Texas and Oklahoma to join the league.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Although you can always expect changes, college football is changing way too fast for my liking. Way too fast. I hope this turns out to be a wise decision for all involved.

In the meantime, welcome to the SEC family, Oklahoma and Texas. Y'all get the bottom bunk! 🤣

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My initial reaction to this news is that it su cks. It su cks for UGA fans as we enter into a future in which we're likely to dominate the East. That will now change with near future shuffling of teams...no way Texas or OK are placed in the East! It su cks for every big 12 fan. It su cks for college football because the SEC was already heads and shoulders above the rest of the leagues. It su cks because, once again, those in power have proven they only care about money!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with most of this. But hey, at least Missouri may finally end up in the West, where they always belonged. Who knows, maybe we'll even get that home game that Auburn and the SEC have owed us for nearly a decade.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree 100% with you brother [Silver Britches]. If the rumors are true that ESPN is encouraging other conferences poaching the remaining Big12 schools. Hmmmmm can you say eliminate the competition [FOX network] ESPN monopoly. 😎