Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: SEC Network host makes case for UGA to win national championship

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: SEC Network host makes case for UGA to win national championship

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 1,506 (Aug. 17, 2021) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion with SEC Network host Peter Burns about why he’s picking UGA to win the national championship.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think DawgNation has been sleeping on Ameer Speed in favor of some younger, sexier recruits. However we know that Kirby values experience and he has been in the program as long as any of the d-backs. I thought he played well in the G-Day game and Kirby wouldn’t be sending him out to talk to the media if he wasn’t happy with his play I fully expect to see Speed and Kendrick as the starting corner backs against Clemson.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burns points out all the reasons I stated months ago.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is extremely easy to make a case for UGA. It really is a two game season to make it to the playoffs - Clemson and the SECCG. The East is very weak and so is the cross over schedule so making it to the SECCG is a given. The west representative will be a challenge but by then any defensive weaknesses will have been addressed and the offense should be firing on all cylinders.

The greatest challenge in the playoffs will be OU. I could easily see UGA ranked as #1 and OU as #2. Both should advance to the championship game. The championship game will be a shoot out. The dawgs should be able to keep up and the defense is just better enough than Ou’s to provide the needed edge to win a close game