Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

JT Daniels named most important player in college football by ESPN

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels named most important player in college football by ESPN

JT Daniels was named the most important player in college football for the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels better be ready to move.

Dabo said Clemson's defense looked impressive, stellar, and commanding in their first scrimmage. No hiccups and very dominating. Daniels will see lots of pressure, so he'll need to get rid of the ball quickly.

Ready to see Daniels perform beyond expectations against the best after all this crazy hype in the offseason. Holding my breath honestly.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not saying it's just you, as this assessment of Clemson has been pretty ubiquitous. But it's funny to me that the Clemson defense looks good in their first scrimmage and everyone's takeaway is what a dominant defense they're going to have. A similar thing happens at Georgia and it predictably prompts an avalanche of negativity and woe about our offense.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, Clemson's defense should be their strength this season. I was just hoping that their scrimmage didn't show it quite so well! It sounded like their offense did pretty good but too many penalties during the scrimmage.

Our offense should be fantastic if JT gels and we execute like we are coached. I'm just a little skeptical of the JT hype. Sure, he did pretty darn well during those 4 games last season and was stellar against Mississippi State. But, remember, it was against a State team that fielded only 49 players due to COVID. It's also Mississippi State. I just hope all his hype turns out to be warranted. If it is then we're going to do great this year!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

To accomplish the team’s internal goals of winning the SEC and the National Championship is going to take much more than JT. It is going to take a top 5 offensive line. Personally I am much more concerned about that position group than any other.

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I hate to quote the old cliche phrase that the game will come down to turnovers and the line of scrimmage, but I honestly think the winner will win the line of scrimmage. Clemson and UGA are both ultra talented at skill positions, so it will be the offensive lines that afford these playmakers the ability to excel. Or perhaps the defensive fronts that inhibit these playmakers from excelling. I realize this is a generic statement but being it’s the first game and I’ve not seen either team on the field and both teams are very talented everywhere, it will come down to the line of scrimmage. And pardon the pun, but the trenches in this game will be an absolute dawg fight. I’m excited and as always optimistic. Go Dawgs!