Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Reports: Georgia quarterback JT Daniels might have an upper-body injury

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageReports: Georgia quarterback JT Daniels might have an upper-body injury

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels might be dealing with an upper-body injury, though he has practiced this week and didn’t show any signs of injury, per sources that attended the team practice.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope it's not serious, and he gets well soon.

GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a rib or oblique injury. Hopefully, he will heal up fast. Good luck JT.

I'm definitely not worried. I have more questions around JT at this point, so seeing Beck and/or Vandagriff will be welcome. We've got plenty of easier games to get these other guys some reps while JT heals up. What backup QB doesn't want to get out on the field and show their stuff, prove that they can be a leader, get the job done, move the offense, have a challenge? None.

I'm pretty darn excited honestly to see these other guys compete!!

GO DAWGS!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck and Vandagriff on deck.....I hope this is nothing to keep JT from UAB game...UGA cannot catch a break lately. Beck and Brock have little experience against college foes. I guess we will see who trots out at game time?

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

let him play the first quarter and when we are up 14- or 21-0, then start putting in the backup Qbs for experience.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eason/Fromm 2.0?

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the cupcake schedule, nothing to be overly concerned about. Too bad it is UAB, it would have been nice to gauge how quarterback development was progressing.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

They're not a high school team. No, they shouldn't pose a real threat for us to lose, but that doesn't mean you couldn't still get some sense of how well things are coming along. If anything, the fact that neither Beck nor Vandagriff has previously attempted a pass in a real game would be the biggest caveat in assessing QB development from their production in this game.

Personally, I'm hoping to see Daniels get more work in with the receivers in live action. Build some chemistry and continuity. Sure, it would be fun to see the others guys in action, but in the long run I think it could be detrimental (though obviously not impossible to overcome). But I understand if an injury would dictate that the wise move is to sit him for this one.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oblique, according to a Dawgnation report. It is good for Carson and or Brock to get some field time but also we need JT to really nail down this offense and build some explosiveness into the game. It will be required in Nov/December, maybe sooner with Florida.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

OMG…..I wish some of you guys would quit calling UAB a “cupcake”. Does anyone remember the 2016 season when we were smacked around all afternoon and had to make a critical 1st down to beat Nicholls State 26-24. Several weeks later we lost at home to Vandy 17-16. UAB is much better than either of those opponents. Be careful Dawgs and kick ass early. We don’t need to let UAB get on a roll. Go Dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't care if we're playing a bunch of 8th graders, I want the starters to start. It's fine to play the backup QBs when games are well in hand (or out of hand), but just playing them for the sake of playing them, no. There's a reason they're not starting and this assumption that some fans seem to have that anybody we throw out on the field can lead us to victory is misguided. And dangerous. I hope JT can start and play well on Saturday (he needs the work, anyway) and then, if we are fortunate to get a big lead, we can pull him and play Beck and/or Bennett. Go Dawgs!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was unaware that Vandagraff had game experience.

As to the backup quarterbacks, Beck is supposed to be #2. This makes sense in that he has been in the program longer and he is a pro set quarterback. This means there would be little change to the offense if he played instead of JT. There is always the most underrated quarterback of the group, Bennett.

What will be more interesting will be the quarterback competition next year when you have a pro set vs dual threat quarterback competing to be the starter. It should be exciting to see which direction Kirby chooses and just how flexible and adaptive his offense philosophy is.

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

If JT went into the Clemson game with a rib or oblique injury it would explain why he never threw anything long or with velocity.

It makes no difference to the overall offense if a RB is not in the game at any particular time. The passing game needs lots of reps from it's starters though.

edited September 2021

You might try reading closer, I wasn't responding to you or to a comment about runningbacks.