Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: What to expect from UGA’s QBs on Saturday

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: What to expect from UGA’s QBs on Saturday

Georgia football takes on UAB on Saturday and the Bulldogs enter the game with a lot of questions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has any of this been confirmed? I haven't heard Smart mention a word about it. I think being "conservative" was more about having a lack of star WRs against a tough Clemson defense (just like we kept their deep game in check as well).

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey feller Dawgs fans this is just my humble opinion, which means the sum total of nothing lol. But as long as Kirby doesn’t flat out lie to media I’m all for him being as deceptive as NCAA, SEC rules will allow. I know media and us fans ( include me !!) ain’t real crazy about that as we tend to Stay information hungry. I get that. And trust me I want to know all I can about what’s going on. BUT if Kirby can keep his opponents guessing and he does it in a legal way (All the college football rules) I can certainly Understand that and though my information hungry belly may growl I can also grudgingly Appreciate it as well. Don’t give the opponents any more info. than you are Required to just to appease media and fans. Hope my comment doesn’t wound to much but I think in the end it’s realistic. Ive seen (and Y’all have to) numerous times where top SEC teams and many other conference teams were just as closed mouthed or More than Kirby has been. He’s trying to lead the Dawgs to a Ntl. Title and as long as he doesn’t Cheat on or off the field I’m fine with that. Keeping disclosure about injuries to a minimum is Not cheating !! The Dawgs have countless times had to have very flexible game plans verses opponents because of Their being tight lipped. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll reserve my judgment for all these QB what if articles for after the game on Saturday. THe writers obviously feel like they are onto something here. So, let's wait and see how it plays out. Maybe much ado about nothing or they got it right. We shall see.

• Options
    DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

That four-way was excruciating to watch. Rampant speculation based on ZERO verified sources and a lot of useless commentary. Oh, and Brandon raging about not "scapegoating" Cortez. BA: "Accountability" is not scapegoating. OLine, we gush about Matt Luke. Same with the DLine. We gush about the great "get" in a DB coach, somebody who can make them great. So yes, a position coach does have responsibility for the performance of their position group. Suggesting otherwise is just silly.

Oh, and by the way, you do not need five stars to line up in the correct position and run the correct route. That part has NOTHING to do with talent. I seriously wish Kirby would look to Steve Largent as a receiver. Look him up. Leading receiver in NFL history when he retired. His forty time? Pedestrian. But as he said, he could get in and out of a cut better than anybody. It's about route running, precision, and communication w/the QB. I'll take 10 Steve Largents for one track star who can't run a route or catch the ball.

I wish Kirby would bring Largent in to work w/these guys, actually. But he's an OK guy so not sure he'd do it.

Oh, and lastly, "scapegoating" Todd Monken for not having receivers "wide open" as BA did, is also silly. He can call the greatest game in history but if the players are in the wrong position, blocking the wrong guy (or, in Burton's case, not blocking anybody), and running the wrong route, it's not going to work. That was a hard session to watch. Best commentary was from Peaches. She obviously agreed with me.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well one thing for sure Kirby can be too clever by half

• Options
    srialiensrialien Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike Griffith casually throwing out 30% of UGA students having COVID-19 is completely irresponsible. According to the UGA health center as of 8/31 they had 505 positive test among approximately 50,000 faculty, staff, and students. So about 1% if my math is correct. I’m all for vaccinations but throwing around such ridiculous baseless numbers just gives those against it more ammunition.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I posted somewhere earlier, I think I looked at( inculding the UGA game) about 6 other games last week (not in their entirety) but enough to try to get a feel for what kind of team they had. Outside of the BAMA game the vast majority of lenghty passes or TD passes I saw were not to "wide open" receivers, they were passes where the receiver was covered about as good as you can but the receiver made the play on the ball and snatched it away from the defender. I know Pickens does that well, but we don't have him yet. We just need some receivers to put on their big boy pants and make some plays.

Go back and watch the LSU-Clemson game and watch Jamar Chase or some of BAMA's playoff games and watch DeVontae Smith, I couldn't get over how little the guy is in the Heisman commercial for Nissan. Dude played like he was 6"4" and 210. Chase the same way, he's only 6ft, if that. If there was a ball thrown anywhere near them, they he were going to get it, covered well or not.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now if Beck goes out and throws for 350 and 4 tds look out things would get very interesting not that JT is bad but I haven’t yet seen this can’t miss 1st round draft pick that’s kind of been overhyped he actually lost his job to the other USC guy

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Trey33 no that would not be interesting. JT has been hyped as the quarterback savior since about the second game of last season. It is part of the cycle of UGA offense. One year receivers are missing and the next it either the oline or the quarterback or the OC.

Think everyone wants Beck to do well. He is not only QB2 but is also the future.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2021

I would love to see those numbers. Not for things to get interesting at the qb position, but more for the fact CKS allowed Monken to call plays. My fear right now, is if Beck starts (and not saying anything about what he can do or can't do) I just fear is that CKS goes into a 90% run game, to prevent the "mistake". UAB may be talented, but there is no way they should beat UGA, not with the talent disparity. If they do, let's not think of that.

I want to see a game plan that allows the offense to get better. There is no harm in finding out the "future" right now.

GO DAWGS!!!!