Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Remembering 9/11

Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you're more than 25 chances are you remember where you were 20 years ago today.

On 9/10 I was delayed disembarking from a cruise ship due to a bomb threat at the Miami port. The next day I was off and futzing around the house when my wife called me and said to turn on the news. The north tower had just been hit and I was in disbelief. Having lived in NYC the Twin Towers was the first landmarks I visited, so it was very personal. We all know what happened after that, but one thing people forget was all the rumors and false reporting. I remember hearing radio reports that Atlanta would be attacked and a bomb had gone off in the Capitol building. It was a chaotic and frenzied day with the fog of war hovering over our heads.

To all those who lost love one's on 9/11 and those who later died as a result of rescue efforts and subsequent military engagements, we honor you on this day and everyday. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten!

BTW - If you haven't seen the National Geographic / 9/11 Memorial Museum documentary (9/11: One Day In America) that was recently released - I highly recommend it. Some of the human interest stories are remarkable.