Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Let’s give proper credit for a really Smart coaching decision

2»

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I missed the first part of the game because of all of the ESPN crap. I started on ESPN 2 and then saw that it was on ESPN News which started it and then went off on a 9/11 show tangent. Finally watched it on ESPN3.

"Mark that down as one of his smartest coaching decisions of recent years."

Well, the problem is that we are back to the same situation as last year. If the UAB game (our 2nd easiest opponent all year according to ESPN FPI) required an "experienced QB", then what about our next game... and the game after? When do you focus on growing your QBs for the future?

• Madeuce1371Madeuce1371 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Well wrote sir

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2021

Wow. Don't get me started with the whole "streaming" kerfuffle. However, I will give my streaming service (Sling) a tentative gold star on one apparent improvement - at least for the last two games I haven't lost the feed yet, which over the last three years, happened multiple times during games and the only remedy was to shut it down and reboot, wasting game time.

However, on another note, I had to suffer through ESPN's "woke" take on some activity, while I'm trying to watch the waning game.. I just don't care to hear their "woke" politics or any of their opinions when I would have been very grateful if they would have just told me who made the catch, or who made that tackle, or who ran the ball that play, instead of going on about some relatively obscure activity remotely connected to sports. It's like, "Oh, look how woke cool we are."

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Mark that down as one of his smartest coaching decisions of recent years."

Not sure I'd go quite that far.

KS has a lot of experience and if he hasn't learned by now that 99% of the coaches in his profession would go with the experienced player in this scenario, then he never will.

It wasn't like he was the first coach ever to make this decision.

This was a typical Coach Dooley move.

If I had to guess I'd say Kirby was paying attention when Coach Dooley and Nick Saban brainstormed their strategy for an upcoming game when faced with an injured QB.

For the bucks he's pulling down, he supposed to have that instinct that writers and the everyday fan don't really possess.

I kinda doubt he'd ever ask us what to do.

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

espn hates the SEC even though it makes them a lot of money. They would be so much happier if the big ten or the pac were dominating college football, but they're not. Fourteen southern college football teams are more powerful than the nfl and the networks and media hate us for it. Obfuscating the beginning of the the game of the number 2 team in college football is typical of espn. GO DAWGS!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WIse decision to play the guy that won you 5 games? last year and led BAMA for awhile versus a green as a gourd goofy acting kid with zero experience?

I wouldn't call someone a genius for starting Stetson over Beck. More like a no-brainer.

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

I admit, was very skeptical of the decision, to start SBIV. Instead of going with the guy that needs to be developed, Beck,,,, if JT needed some time to get healthy... I had a different perspective by the end of the first half.. I missed first 2 scores because at my son's soccer game, and could not not figure out what what was recorded. You're post explained the ESPN screw-up, thanks. Kirby see's the day -to- day interactions, and he made the correct decision. Give the kid a lot of credit, he came through better than I would have thought.. SBIV has earned title of DGD multiple times