Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Florida brash in defeat, Gators’ safety predicts rematch with Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Florida brash in defeat, Gators’ safety predicts rematch with Alabama

The Alabama-Florida game took center stage in college football on Saturday in a game that lived up to its billing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've said, all off-season that this is our year, why? Because we have the JR's and Sr's leading the way. We are a mature team. I stated that BAMA can't lose 5-6 1st rounders to the NFL draft and be the same team, especially with a FR QB, as talented as he may be. Ohio St lost a record number of talent to this years draft, 1st and 2nd rounders. THey too have a new QB. I said also that Clemson can't be as good having lost the number one QB in the draft and a 1st round RB, and other mentionables. All of these things are playing out. OHIO St. Clemson, even BAMA barely getting by weaker opponents.

Now of course with all the top teams they have talented guys waiting in the wings to get their chance., but there is no way they step in immediately and become as good as or better than the year before.

Bt unlike this years draft, they won't have the same record number of 1st and 2nd round Draft picks in 2022, but guess who will? UGA!

2022 will be a record number for UGA in the draft, especially in the early part. This is why we have to strike while the iron is hot. I don't believe for a minute that we will be better in 2022 than we are this year. 2022 will be our turn to hand the team over to less experienced and proven players. Talented yes, proven, not as much. Go DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well said. GA can achieve all of its goals this year if Kirby keeps a mean and no mercy mentally against any team it faces.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nit picking. Young is a Sophomore

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida is super talented… but also SUPER undisciplined.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the best team of his career last year, Mullen found a way to lose four games. That defines his career. This year will be no different.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Florida brash in defeat"

Actually, by Florida standards, this was a pretty humble response to a loss. At least this time one of them actually acknowledged they have some things to work on. It wasn't long ago they were claiming to be a better team than the one that beat them by like 6 touchdowns.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought I was impressed with Florida's play calling or was it I was unimpressed with Bama? Maybe a little of both. I watched that game on and off. Overall, Bama seemed stronger and played to Florida's secondary weaknesses. Dumb play at the end trying to gut run Bama on the two-pointer.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing the Gators won't have in Jacksonville like they did against 'Bama is that overwhelming home field advantage. We'll have just as many fans in the place as they will, and that will make a difference. However, the gauntlet has been thrown, the standard raised; can UGA's running game grind out more than 100 yards rushing against that Gator defense. And they will challenge us to do so because right now, they believe their DB's can totally shut down our receivers. And their job will be A LOT easier with no George Pickens. But, we've got a few tough games between now and then. Can't overlook anyone. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But what the mud lizards don’t understand is by the time we play them we should have BANG & BOOM which = D. Washington & B. Bowers !! Throw Big Fitz in that stew and you have a very, very Explosive mixture !! Also K. Jackson almost back to 100%. AD Mitchell looking goood !! J. Burton coming on. Arian Smith, Others as well. Zeus seems to be getting stronger every game, the two vitamin K’s (Milton & McIntosh) looking good. Uh and James Cook just say Wow !! Our Special Teams very solid, very ! As far as our D just absolutely smothering !! Our Defensive Front is absolutely wicked !! Our Secondary needs to improve but I believe they Can and they Will. All we need is to get the injured guys back to 100% and the injury bug to Stay Away. We’ll be playing the mud lizards in Jax with a split crowd, Allot different than playing them at their home place. Moral of the story I ain’t afraid of no mud lizards !! If there’s ANY game that Kirby and his staff will have our beloved Dawgs coached up for it’s that one !! Right now I’m not afraid but a little concerned about playing Ark. That may be a much tougher game than the usual. Dan Pittman has them going strong and believing over there. Before we play them and after we play them I say good for him !! But when our Dawgs play them it needs to be take no prisoners !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA is still unbeaten after three games, but the defensive line and linebackers have not played as dominate in the last two games as they did against Clemson. SC completed 3 passes for over 30 yards Saturday night, and one TD pass, because on those plays we were not getting the same rush against their QB. Their is one more patsy on the schedule. Then it's going to get tougher starting with Arkansas.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1 It seems awful early to project first and second round draft picks. I am unsure as to where you are getting your information but the 4 or 5 mock draft sites I looked at showed Bama having more first and second round selections than UGA. I am fully aware this could change as the season progresses based on the juniors that may declare as well as injuries and overall performance.

What was interesting is Daniels was a second round pick in only one of these drafts. This caused me to wonder if he might return for his senior season if UGA failed to win the national championship to improve his standing.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida played well, no doubt. But , they still lost. Why?

They had the ball 3 more minutes than Bama.

Bama was sloppy on offense with several false starts.

Bama doesn't appear to have their usual stable of RB's and they lost quite a few excellent players from last year.

Bama may have relaxed a little up 21-3 in spite of how Saban can be.

So, why did Florida lose?

The Florida OL won't push around Georgia's DL like they did Bama.

• Options

Of course if some come back for their Sr. year that changes the equation. But just off the top of my head we could be losing, Wyatt, Davis, Trayvon Walker, Adam Anderson, Nolan Smith, Tindall, Quay Walker, and Dean, CIne, Smith and Kendrick- all starters, we could lose on offense JT, Pickens , Zeus, KEaris, Cook,Salyer, the big guard(name escapes me) and special teams -Camarda.

I would dare say that Davis and Wyatt go in the 1st 2 rounds, along with Anderson, Nolan Smith, and Trayvon Walker. Tindall, Dean. Cine,Tykee Smith and Kendrick maybe 3rd or 4th rounds. That's 9 players in the first 4 rounds just on defense! If JT finishes strong and healthy, he'll no doubt be in the 2nd round , if not the first. Everybody wants a QB, and if he leads us deep into the playoffs like were counting on, then he''ll be a hot commodity. Our RB's are good, but not great, the most upside at the moment is James Cook. Pickens, if healthy, goes 1st round/early 2nd round at the latest, IMO. Our O-Linemen while good,not great may fall into the late rounds. Camarda is a weapon.

I will go on record right now, for whatever it's worth, and say that UGA will have more draft picks next year if everyone eligible to be drafted comes out, than any other team total. BAMA landed 10 picks in the draft this year. We will surpass that in 2022. Mark it down.

Hopefully a couple will decide to pad their bank accounts with one more year of seasoning and even better performances at UGA, but almost our entire starting D could be gone, possibly. Is that not a little bit scary?

My main point in all of that earlier post was this is the year. Next year will be a reload and hope for the best. But can you honestly say, if we lose the likes of these mentioned we come back stronger next season?

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Talk it up Gators. Another indicator of an undisciplined program.

• Options

@reddawg1 are you projecting 6+ in the first round and maybe 14 overall.

2022 will be an interesting year to see how Kirby reloads and what the record will be.

• Options

First 2 rounds. At least 12-14 overall somewhere in the draft. That is, if the Juniors come out. I hope they all don't.

• Options

@reddawg1 well if that happens it will surely put UGA in the record books.