Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football open practice: Tykee Smith and George Pickens getting reps

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football open practice: Tykee Smith and George Pickens getting reps

ATHENS — Georgia defensive back Tykee Smith looked 100 percent in drills, and receiver George Pickens was running routes in a black (non-contact) jersey with a light knee brace on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

George Pickens may be doing too much too soon.

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not needed for Vandy. rest up a little more.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love hearing about this, but let's not get the guy back on the field playing in a game too soon. Rest up George and take care of that knee! We'll need you full throttle later in the season!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with all other posts... this dude is a freak on the field so probably likewise in healing, but give him more time since no need to rush. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with all of you guys. Pickens needs to rest that knee a few months and be ready for GT….and the playoffs. My favorite Pickens play was him ramming the Techie into their stadium wall. I know, I know, it was a cheap shot and cost him playing time against LSU, but it was the Techie who drew “first blood”. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Pickens drew last blood and got flagged. Oh well, go Dawgs and go Pickens!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe George will hit the playing field running when he is absolutely ready. No way will CKS turn him loose under 100 %. He is still repping under supervision. When we see his number emerge on field he will be ready.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Do you really think he would have made a difference against that LSU team? I don’t think so, but maybe we would have made it a TD closer with him playing. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF and I mean big IF George is 100% or very close to it and He and all parties at UGA deem it safe for Him, wouldn’t it be so great to see him vs. UF ??!!?? Again and I stress, if all the provisos are met. Like pretty much all the comments here I wouldn’t want to see him hurt again by pushing him on the field to fast. I’ll be More than happy for now if we could get Darnel Washington, Tykee Smith and maybe even Dom Blaylock back before the Ark game but if not Hopefully by UF. If Washington & Smith are both healthy and No More additional injuries this Dawgs team should be Very Very powerful !! Get George Pickens back along with all those and Oh My My, How Bout Them Dawgs ??!!??

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully he'll be 100% in time to make some contribution against Flarda

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to see Washington, Pickens, and company running crossing routes and all kind of fancy routes that will have Mullen and Saban's heads spinning.

Honestly, I'd love to see all of these guys block for each other and take turns scoring TDs...with our D there'll be enough fun to go around for ever'one!

• Options
    troublemakertroublemaker Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

**** right! If our "D" continues to play "lights out" and only gets better, our receivers should have more than their share of opportunities, based on time of possession. I'm only hoping we get a little more stout at "O-line" so we can start "pounding the rock" too. This team really has the "chemistry" to be something special! Keep the foot on the gas!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Finally! Kirby let you come back to practice! I want you to know that I had the opportunity to talk with Josh Brooks at a party and I asked him to ask Kirby to let the the press watch 2 practice periods. He was not optimistic.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, that's awesome. I never would've thought the Pickens was this close. I'm a bit surprised that the Big Guy Washington isn't out there. That seems strange.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is great news. I didn't expect to see Pickens until very late if at all. I can't wait until Washington gets 100%.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All he's really gotta do is lineup on the field, defense will immediately throw 2-3 dbs on him and open up the rest of the field, lol.

But in all seriousness, would be nice to see to him play again in the red and black but seems like a stretch even with all this positiveness from rehab and him out running routes. I can say kirby/courson hasn't jumped the gun on injuries, and I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. Kirby is a tried and true player's coach. If we get Pickens back this season, that's great. If he doesn't get a chance to come back, that's fine as well. He's made great contributions while here, so kirby sees no need to risk his uga/pro career.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let him run a few plays even if you don't throw to him. Get the feel of playing real time football again without subjecting him to potential re-injury.

Can Smith run full steam? We need that. DB's got a little lax in last game

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are no certainties where that injury is concerned. You do all you need to do and you leave the rest to God. Because no man can tell whether or not that knee is going to hold up to the stress for absolute sure.