Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

JT Daniels shares honest thoughts on possible return of George Pickens

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels shares honest thoughts on possible return of George Pickens

JT Daniels gave his honest thoughts about Georgia receiver George Pickens and his possible return.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While Pickens is fully invested in the Dawg program, even in rehab, still no Arik Gilbert sightings. Two equally talented players with totally opposite trajectories in regards to their football futures.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really, ALL of this goes without saying. There is no way UGA puts Pickens on the field before he's ready (some would argue the team is so cautious that they would hold him out even AFTER he's 100 percent) . So, it's sort of funny to me that we have reports that Pickens was spotted at a (finally) open practice catching passes (obviously a well-planned move by CKS), only to be followed up by a string of stories about how he shouldn't rush back to competition. Of course he won't be rushed back to competition, as much as us fans would love to see him out there as soon as this Saturday. That said, we also shouldn't think that just because he MIGHT return quicker than others who have had similar injuries, that the medical staff somehow rushed him back BEFORE he was ready. We'll have to assume that they know best. The fact of the matter is, different people heal at different times and in different ways. Look at Blaylock. I mean, I believe there's a definite chance that George Pickens could be back on the field before him. That's just the nature of the human body. So I, for one, am happy with George's progress thus far, and I just hope it continues on its upward trajectory and that he does return to the Dawgs before he leaves for the NFL. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have kind of written Gilbert off. Whatever the mental problem...he may just take it beyond UGA now. I honestly don't believe he will ever suit up as a Dawg. Just my thought.

I watched the video on JT Daniels. The more I hear from him, the more I like him. A real thinker and team leader. He admits he likes working from the pocket more than running but he assured viewers he can run if need be. He also admits he misses Pickens. We all do. Says Pickens is the best at his position out there.

My concern is losing yet more players to injury this weekend against a foe that should only offer a scrimmage at best.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better than if he shared dishonest thoughts.

• DDAWGDDAWG Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

IMO I’d like George get 100%, then put him in 1st half ONLY in GATECH game long enough to catch to pass, then a FULL go on 12/04 & playoff !! GO DAWGS !!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, no reason to risk it if he's not 100%. After Vandy, we have #16 Arkansas, then #23 Auburn but then Kentucky and then a week off before Florida and then easy till post-season. It'd be nice to have him by Florida time, but hey, we'll manage fine if he's not there by then.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, in terms of Gilbert, I just wish he would/would have been straight up and say "I'm not playing football this year". I get that he has something going on, come on. At least we knew where we stood with Newman prior to Game #1.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's amazing that we are in the position that we are in without George, Arik, Darnell, Dom, and Kearis (1) contributing. I also think we will need them all, plus Kendrick and Kimber, beginning next week. Three ranked teams in a row, including a UF team that beat Alabama in every way but the final score. All of that, plus beating the SEC game officials, who are obviously still in payback mode with Kirby.

Go Dawgs!