Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels real takes, why third downs are personal to him

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback JT Daniels real takes, why third downs are personal to him

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels places a priory on third down, when quarterbacks often make break a potential scoring drive with the ability to convert.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am really impressed by JT's attitude and work ethic. It is obviously infectious, a great leader in football.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed. It just feels different with Daniels leading this team. Fromm was good. Bennett is serviceable. But only recently has it started to feel like we've got THAT GUY at quarterback. Exciting times.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

I just love how transparent JT Daniels is. He's not trying to give you the standard QB line or keep too many secrets. He's confident without being cocky; aggressive without being a jerk; knowledgeable without being a nerd, plainspoken without sounding like a simpleton. For example, I like the way he gave details about his injury and he didn't try to make it any more, or less than what it is. He didn't try to hide the fact that he was injured and that he's still not 100 percent, but he also explained why and how he's able to play, and play well, and why that's more than just wishful thinking. Same goes for his thoughtful explanation about why he doesn't scramble more. I wish more coaches talked like JT Daniels. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You want a role model? JT Daniels. As is said, there seems to be no guile in him. He is open and honest. Also, he can run, just prefers not to if a passing opp. exists. JT threw to Fitzpatrick and could have run for a FD. He missed. But he is not 100%..that was, in my opinion, a factor. He is a pocket passer in a spread pro style offense. And a good one. I really like JT and feel he will take UGA all the way. Not too many still injured QBs throw for over 300 yds. against an SEC opponent.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading through the comments posted here thus far. And I agree and agree and more agree !! JT Daniels is Huge for this Georgia Football Team !! And Indeed the Dawgs are really blessed to have him. Some pretty big name schools other than UGA were courting him when he hit the transfer portal. I’m so glad he chose to be a Dawg !! And I’m so glad Kirby and staff went after him !! Go Dawgs !! Go JT !!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I hope JT and receivers feel like taking some this Saturday at the Commodores home field. At least match the betting line. Besides they need the practice. Arkansas will be visiting next week., they will be the biggest test yet, including Clemson. The Dawgs played a great game at Charlotte, but GT even came close to beating the Tigers. On offense they have been de-clawed.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

JT can savehis running for the SEC championship and play offs. We don't need him scrambling for a first down when we have teh best punter and the best Def in the country. His health is paramount and we need him to make our Natty run.