Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football answers ‘mental challenge’ in 62-0 win over Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football answers ‘mental challenge’ in 62-0 win over Vanderbilt

Kirby Smart challenged his team to have the “mental edge” over Vanderbilt with Saturday’s early kickoff time, and his Georgia players responded.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was moaning during the flat 2nd Qtr...well, UGA really took care of business rest of game. Would like to have seen Brock V toss it around a little. UGA really needs to hunker down for Ark next week...this will be a litmus test. UGA bringing back some injured players, hopefully. RBs looked a lot more open today. Passing game was solid. Defense was at its best. Really was just a scrimmage.

Waiting for the injury report.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Awesome game! But, preface that with Vandy is a really bad team. So, not an unexpected result. Bowers and McConkey played great! Good to see Cook get some decent rushes. The only thing negative I can say is that we rushed 4 times in the first half for negative yards each time. We shouldn't be going backwards on any play against a team like Vandy. Otherwise, a fantastic result.

Arkansas will be a battle of the trenches next week. We've got to get the running game dialed in and effective, contain a very big dual threat QB, and cause havoc on D just like we did against Clemson.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Agree. Great win. But in the rear view mirror now. Gonna have to really ramp it up against Ark. next Sat. Dan Pittman has Em going strong and believing over there. I hope maybe Ark. will be a little weary after playing TAMU. Glad we play them in Athens. I’m confident our Dawgs can and will beat them provided they come in focused and All business. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Come on Mike, I know math can be tricky, but I believe Georgia just tied for fourth place for the largest road shut out in SEC history, not third place. If Georgia shut out Florida 75-0 in 1942, and Alabama shut out Vandy 71-0 in 1945, and Tennessee shut out Vandy 65-0 in1994, and if LSU shut out former SEC member Tulane 62-0 in 1958. That means after UGA's win of 62-0 over Vandy Saturday, Georgia is First and also is tied with LSU for fourth for the largest road shut out in SEC history. How bout them Dawgs?