Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after smashing Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after smashing Vanderbilt

Georgia football picked up a massive win over Vanderbilt on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's hard to be terribly angry with the statement that no running back had more than 50 yards when you keep switching them out. If you have 244 yards spread out over 4 guys (plus 2 more "next" guys), then you did pretty well.

I would really love for us to make a decision on who is our back and let them run the ball consistently. I can't argue the win or the results but I just don't see how you can down-talk when you don't allow a single horse in the game.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

My instant observation is that Vandy is a really bad team.

Didn't like seeing 4 Dawg rushes for lost yardage in the 1st half. We'll definitely need the running game going next week.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Folks.....Arkansas is looking tough against A& M early on......17- zip already. Passing game put them ahead. I noted A&M coach just shaking his head. Dawgs are in for a REAL test next week. Arkansas is the real deal. A&M looks stunned. So am I. Dawgs offense better not sputter next week. Defense will be tested against Arkansas's wide open passing game.

Vandy was a scrimmage...workout for the UGA back-ups.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definite congrats to McConkey for getting his name known. Always great to see another potential star rising.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Arkansas wins big. Makes a win next week even sweeter.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, instant thought is that when you have a ultra-dominate win on the road plus then a "hungry" under-rated team up next that it's a high chance for an upset. Coaching will decide whether we win or not next week. A vanilla offense isn't going to cut it next week.

Great play calling this week though

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Player toughness, mental and physical, will determine whether we win each week.